Idea for Solar Layouts at the NTS 2005 or elsewhere...just an idea...

  • Tom Gilchrist
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2005
      At our last train show in Monroe, WA., two of us had brought solar layouts. I
      showed mine one day and he showed one the other. I was thinking that it
      might be fun to do something at the National Train Show's BYOZ. However,
      my proposal is to customize the layouts somehow without changing the shape
      of the base, the buildings or the trees, or the layout and electronics....some
      ideas...

      1) Repaint the trees and buildings to add details (doors/windows)
      2) Repaint the current buildings all blue or all different colors.
      3) Repaint the tress autumn colors
      3) Airbrush the White base contours
      4) Add racing stripes or flames or stickies to the base
      5) Re-cut/route the base out of solid wood and stain it or clear Plexiglas (great
      idea if you have access to a computer milling machine).

      We could give a prize for the most original, the best workmanship, the most
      far-out, the most subtle, etc.

      I could just see tables of different looking Z Scale layouts, yet all the same...it
      would drive people crazy...we could tell everyone it is a new "standard"...like
      module standards, just with a Z-twist....

      Just an idea...tomg