Re: [Z_Scale] Marklin Z Track

  • Robert Toole
    Message 1 of 18 , May 1, 2005
      Uwe,
      I looked inside the box of my train shed, #8980. On
      the instuction sheet,, page 2, the track nunber is
      36933. I also noticed that one of the leads from the
      copaciter need to be resodered. I guess I will need
      to purchase a sodering gun. This will be a new
      experience, I haven't even build the kit yet.
      Robert
      "LoadToad"

      --- Uwe Liermann <maillist@...> wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > BTW: does those tracks for engine sheds and
      > roundhouses have a item#
      > from M�rklin?
      >

      > --
      > GreetingZ
      > Uwe
      >

      > -Z- WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in
      > Small DoseZ!
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Brian Redman
      Message 2 of 18 , May 1, 2005
        On May 1, 2005, at 9:48 PM, Robert Toole wrote:

        > Uwe,
        > I looked inside the box of my train shed, #8980. On
        > the instuction sheet,, page 2, the track nunber is
        > 36933. I also noticed that one of the leads from the
        > copaciter need to be resodered. I guess I will need
        > to purchase a sodering gun. This will be a new
        > experience, I haven't even build the kit yet.
        > Robert
        > "LoadToad"

        Thanks for the part number, Robert. My version of the 8980
        instructions (68 676 TN 0877 ka) didn't show the number.

        You don't necessarily have to solder that diode lead if you don't
        want to - although having (and knowing how to use) a soldering iron/
        gun/station can come in pretty handy. You might be able to gently
        bend the leads of the diode so the detached one is forced against the
        rail. That's worked for me in the past. If it turns out not to be
        reliable enough for your purposes then you can go back and do it right.

        brian
      • Wilhelm Fritz
        Message 3 of 18 , May 2, 2005
          Hi,
          the part number should be on the underside of the track ties.

          Regards,
          Willy

          Message 4 of 18 , May 2, 2005
            On May 2, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Wilhelm Fritz wrote:

            > Hi,
            > the part number should be on the underside of the track ties.

            Hi Willy,

            The underside of the track ties just reads 8500. But as Robert
            discovered, the part number is 36933.

            brian

          • zscaleinfo
            Message 5 of 18 , May 3, 2005
              This is not true with many special tracks of identical dimensions, the ties
              of which are manufactured using the same mould. For instance, if you check
              the bottom of 8594, the 660mm long straight track piece, it has actually
              numbers 8505 (220 mm long section) and in three sections.

              Tapani Tuominen
              E-mail: trains@...