Re: Marklin Z Track

  • tplgo08291993
    Message 1 of 18 , May 1, 2005
      Uwe,

      I have the small shed (8981) and that piece of track was included. The
      instructions do not indicate a number. I just looked in the 2005
      presentation book and I didn't see an individual track part. Also, the
      descriptions for the train sheds indicate that:
      "special track section(s) included to automatically stop locomotives."
      (number of pieces corespond to shed size)

      Tony
      Springfield, VA

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Brian Redman <yahoo@e...> wrote:

      > On May 1, 2005, at 12:26 PM, Uwe Liermann wrote:
      >
      > > Hello all,
      > >
      > > BTW: does those tracks for engine sheds and roundhouses have a item#
      > > from Märklin?
      > >

      > Hi Uwe,
      >
      > If there's a part number I haven't found it yet. But I still need
      > look inside the package of a shed or roundhouse to see if it might
      be
      > listed there.
      >
      > brian
    • Robert Toole
      Message 2 of 18 , May 1, 2005
        Uwe,
        I looked inside the box of my train shed, #8980. On
        the instuction sheet,, page 2, the track nunber is
        36933. I also noticed that one of the leads from the
        copaciter need to be resodered. I guess I will need
        to purchase a sodering gun. This will be a new
        experience, I haven't even build the kit yet.
        Robert
        "LoadToad"

        --- Uwe Liermann <maillist@...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > BTW: does those tracks for engine sheds and
        > roundhouses have a item#
        > from M�rklin?
        >

        > --
        > GreetingZ
        > Uwe
        >

        > -Z- WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in
        > Small DoseZ!
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Brian Redman
        Message 3 of 18 , May 1, 2005
          On May 1, 2005, at 9:48 PM, Robert Toole wrote:

          > Uwe,
          > I looked inside the box of my train shed, #8980. On
          > the instuction sheet,, page 2, the track nunber is
          > 36933. I also noticed that one of the leads from the
          > copaciter need to be resodered. I guess I will need
          > to purchase a sodering gun. This will be a new
          > experience, I haven't even build the kit yet.
          > Robert
          > "LoadToad"

          Thanks for the part number, Robert. My version of the 8980
          instructions (68 676 TN 0877 ka) didn't show the number.

          You don't necessarily have to solder that diode lead if you don't
          want to - although having (and knowing how to use) a soldering iron/
          gun/station can come in pretty handy. You might be able to gently
          bend the leads of the diode so the detached one is forced against the
          rail. That's worked for me in the past. If it turns out not to be
          reliable enough for your purposes then you can go back and do it right.

          brian
        • Wilhelm Fritz
          Message 4 of 18 , May 2, 2005
            Hi,
            the part number should be on the underside of the track ties.

            Regards,
            Willy

            On May 1, 2005, at 12:26 PM, Uwe Liermann wrote:

            > Hello all,
            >
            > BTW: does those tracks for engine sheds and roundhouses have a item#
            > from Märklin?

            Hi Uwe,

            If there's a part number I haven't found it yet. But I still need to

            Message 5 of 18 , May 2, 2005
              On May 2, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Wilhelm Fritz wrote:

              > Hi,
              > the part number should be on the underside of the track ties.

              Hi Willy,

              The underside of the track ties just reads 8500. But as Robert
              discovered, the part number is 36933.

              brian

            • zscaleinfo
              Message 6 of 18 , May 3, 2005
                This is not true with many special tracks of identical dimensions, the ties
                of which are manufactured using the same mould. For instance, if you check
                the bottom of 8594, the 660mm long straight track piece, it has actually
                numbers 8505 (220 mm long section) and in three sections.

                Tapani Tuominen
                E-mail: trains@...