RE: [Z_Scale] Re: Z scale layout in Small layout Scrapbook

  • Don
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      Hey Loren. Look at this. You can quadruple your portal sales.

      Don
      Akron, Ohio - USA

      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2005
        Hi Richard and the ReZt o' the BeZt,

        Good catch! Check out Jonathon's other Z (and, if you must, his N :)
        scale layouts, accessible from the following page:

        http://www.sonic.net/~jbskmr/PortableRailways.html

        He's an Ozzie with a PhD in EE (emphasis on microwave comms,
        especially air traffic control-related technology - very interesting
        to me!), he's an amateur photographer, and his layouts reflect a
        somewhat whimsical artistic bent that is "different", but still
        enjoyable, if you're not in the mood for something completely
        prototypical, including a Polar Express theme, but no hard-core
        kitbashing/scratchbuilding apparent.

        It appears he's in Vallejo, CA, so we will target him for joining the
        BAZ BoyZ in our escapadeZ!

        All Z BeZt,
        Jim

        <richard_lai.geo@y...> wrote:
        > The May version contains a Z-scale layout built under a glass topped
        > table. Below link to the layout.
        >
        > <http://www.sonic.net/~jbskmr/ZooTableZ.htm>
      • richard_lai.geo
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2005
          Hi Jim,

          The web-site is great. The layouts are interesting. I have saved the
          link for further reading.

          I noticed his throttle, in addition to the interia and back EMF
          control, has a timer function as well. The design is neat and would
          suit a small layout. I don't understand why it requires a high input
          voltage though (> 16V).

          Thanks,
          Richard

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jim_manley_alpha_six"