Re: Z scale layout in Small layout Scrapbook

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      That is a cool little table layout. I think multiple possibilities
      are possible with such a simple design. Awesome! I like it!
      Tim

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "richard_lai.geo"
      <richard_lai.geo@y...> wrote:
      > The May version contains a Z-scale layout built under a glass topped
      > table. Below link to the layout.
      >
      > <http://www.sonic.net/~jbskmr/ZooTableZ.htm>
      >
      > The layout was powered by a throttle, with interia and feedback
      > control, built by the author himself. The author mentioned it's built
      > with a dual-opamp IC, a transistor and couple other components. I
      > sounded like to have the same design as the System Jorger throttle.
    • Don
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2005
        Hey Loren. Look at this. You can quadruple your portal sales.

        Don
        Akron, Ohio - USA

        <richard_lai.geo@y...> wrote:
        > The May version contains a Z-scale layout built under a glass topped
        > table. Below link to the layout.
        >
        > <http://www.sonic.net/~jbskmr/ZooTableZ.htm>
        >
        > The layout was powered by a throttle, with interia and feedback
        > control, built by the author himself. The author mentioned it's built
        > with a dual-opamp IC, a transistor and couple other components. I
        > sounded like to have the same design as the System Jorger throttle.
      • jim_manley_alpha_six
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2005
          Hi Richard and the ReZt o' the BeZt,

          Good catch! Check out Jonathon's other Z (and, if you must, his N :)
          scale layouts, accessible from the following page:

          http://www.sonic.net/~jbskmr/PortableRailways.html

          He's an Ozzie with a PhD in EE (emphasis on microwave comms,
          especially air traffic control-related technology - very interesting
          to me!), he's an amateur photographer, and his layouts reflect a
          somewhat whimsical artistic bent that is "different", but still
          enjoyable, if you're not in the mood for something completely
          prototypical, including a Polar Express theme, but no hard-core
          kitbashing/scratchbuilding apparent.

          It appears he's in Vallejo, CA, so we will target him for joining the
          BAZ BoyZ in our escapadeZ!

          All Z BeZt,
          Jim

          <richard_lai.geo@y...> wrote:
          > The May version contains a Z-scale layout built under a glass topped
          > table. Below link to the layout.
          >
          > <http://www.sonic.net/~jbskmr/ZooTableZ.htm>
        • richard_lai.geo
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2005
            Hi Jim,

            The web-site is great. The layouts are interesting. I have saved the
            link for further reading.

            I noticed his throttle, in addition to the interia and back EMF
            control, has a timer function as well. The design is neat and would
            suit a small layout. I don't understand why it requires a high input
            voltage though (> 16V).

            Thanks,
            Richard

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jim_manley_alpha_six"