Z scale layout in Small layout Scrapbook

  • richard_lai.geo
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      The May version contains a Z-scale layout built under a glass topped
      table. Below link to the layout.

      <http://www.sonic.net/~jbskmr/ZooTableZ.htm>

      The layout was powered by a throttle, with interia and feedback
      control, built by the author himself. The author mentioned it's built
      with a dual-opamp IC, a transistor and couple other components. I
      sounded like to have the same design as the System Jorger throttle.
    • sgt_tim7
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2005
        That is a cool little table layout. I think multiple possibilities
        are possible with such a simple design. Awesome! I like it!
        Tim

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "richard_lai.geo"
        <richard_lai.geo@y...> wrote:
        > The May version contains a Z-scale layout built under a glass topped
        > table. Below link to the layout.
        >
        > <http://www.sonic.net/~jbskmr/ZooTableZ.htm>
        >
        > The layout was powered by a throttle, with interia and feedback
        > control, built by the author himself. The author mentioned it's built
        > with a dual-opamp IC, a transistor and couple other components. I
        > sounded like to have the same design as the System Jorger throttle.
      • Don
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2005
          Hey Loren. Look at this. You can quadruple your portal sales.

          Don
          Akron, Ohio - USA

          <richard_lai.geo@y...> wrote:
          > The May version contains a Z-scale layout built under a glass topped
          > table. Below link to the layout.
          >
          > <http://www.sonic.net/~jbskmr/ZooTableZ.htm>
          >
          > The layout was powered by a throttle, with interia and feedback
          > control, built by the author himself. The author mentioned it's built
          > with a dual-opamp IC, a transistor and couple other components. I
          > sounded like to have the same design as the System Jorger throttle.
        • jim_manley_alpha_six
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2005
            Hi Richard and the ReZt o' the BeZt,

            Good catch! Check out Jonathon's other Z (and, if you must, his N :)
            scale layouts, accessible from the following page:

            http://www.sonic.net/~jbskmr/PortableRailways.html

            He's an Ozzie with a PhD in EE (emphasis on microwave comms,
            especially air traffic control-related technology - very interesting
            to me!), he's an amateur photographer, and his layouts reflect a
            somewhat whimsical artistic bent that is "different", but still
            enjoyable, if you're not in the mood for something completely
            prototypical, including a Polar Express theme, but no hard-core
            kitbashing/scratchbuilding apparent.

            It appears he's in Vallejo, CA, so we will target him for joining the
            BAZ BoyZ in our escapadeZ!

            All Z BeZt,
            Jim

            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2005
              Hi Jim,

              The web-site is great. The layouts are interesting. I have saved the
              link for further reading.

              I noticed his throttle, in addition to the interia and back EMF
              control, has a timer function as well. The design is neat and would
              suit a small layout. I don't understand why it requires a high input
              voltage though (> 16V).

              Thanks,
              Richard

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jim_manley_alpha_six"