Z Scale Mk 1 Bumper prototype photos up

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2005
      Ok gang. I've posted 6 photos of the prototype Mk 1 bumper I made.
      It is based on the first photo (BNSF type) is built on MT track
      (I'll be doing one for Peco track as well) and is pictured with the
      MT track/coupler gauge, an MT boxcar, and by itself as the finished
      product would be delivered (with 2 code 55 insulated joiners).

      Photo albums / Texas & Beyond / Z scale track bumpers

      I have some improvements in mind for the production model, and will
      be applying rail-brown paint (unless ya'll think it's better in the
      nude so the buyer can paint it.)

      I will be building a second prototype with some minor adjustments to
      improve appearance.

      Comments and suggestions welcome.

      Thanks!
      Adam
      (new Z scale entrepreneur)
    • David George
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 29, 2005
        Adam,
        Very nice bumper. I'll need to get some from you when you produce. Bring to Z Conv.

        Mister Dave

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 29, 2005
          Ok, Dave.

          Adam

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, David George <dlgeorgesr@y...> wrote:
          > Adam,
          > Very nice bumper. I'll need to get some from you when you produce.
          Bring to Z Conv.

          > Mister Dave
          >
          > Adam <the_saint_75240@y...> wrote:
          > Ok gang. I've posted 6 photos of the prototype Mk 1 bumper I made.

          Service.

        • Phil
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 29, 2005
            Adam,

            I just posted those two pictures of the bumper from Huntington, WV.
            From reading other posts about posting pics, we're supposed to
            delete the main picture somehow? Not quite sure how to do that.

            The prototype Mk 1 bumper looks pretty good. Nice work! Sign me up
            for a couple when you get them going. Nude is fine for me, as I'll
            probably be painting mine yellow or red.

            Phil

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <the_saint_75240@y...> wrote:
            > Ok gang. I've posted 6 photos of the prototype Mk 1 bumper I made.
            > It is based on the first photo (BNSF type) is built on MT track
            > (I'll be doing one for Peco track as well) and is pictured with
            the
            > MT track/coupler gauge, an MT boxcar, and by itself as the
            finished
            > product would be delivered (with 2 code 55 insulated joiners).
            >
            > Photo albums / Texas & Beyond / Z scale track bumpers
            >
            > I have some improvements in mind for the production model, and
            will
            > be applying rail-brown paint (unless ya'll think it's better in
            the
            > nude so the buyer can paint it.)
            >
            > I will be building a second prototype with some minor adjustments
            > improve appearance.
            >
            > Comments and suggestions welcome.
            >
            > Thanks!
            > Adam
            > (new Z scale entrepreneur)
          • Phil
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 29, 2005
              > I just posted those two pictures of the bumper from Huntington, WV.
              > From reading other posts about posting pics, we're supposed to
              > delete the main picture somehow? Not quite sure how to do that.

              Never mind, I just figured it out and deleted the full size photos.

              Phil
            • Adam
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 29, 2005
                Thanks for the interest and pictures, Phil.

                If possible, would you email the pics to me, so I can get them a
                little larger for reference?

                Also, I see a difference in the design of these. That appears to be
                about a 1-foot steel I-beam supporting a box (versus a striking
                face). I might try to mock up one of this style, if you'd rather
                have that over the rail-supported Hayes design (I bothered to re-
                read the article and saw there's a real name for the one I made.)

                Thanks,
                Adam

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <philaun@y...> wrote:
                > Adam,
                >
                > I just posted those two pictures of the bumper from Huntington,
                WV.
                > From reading other posts about posting pics, we're supposed to
                > delete the main picture somehow? Not quite sure how to do that.
                >
                > The prototype Mk 1 bumper looks pretty good. Nice work! Sign me
                up
                > for a couple when you get them going. Nude is fine for me, as
                I'll
                > probably be painting mine yellow or red.
                >
                > Phil
                >

                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <the_saint_75240@y...>
                wrote:
                > > Ok gang. I've posted 6 photos of the prototype Mk 1 bumper I
                made.
                > > It is based on the first photo (BNSF type) is built on MT track
                > > (I'll be doing one for Peco track as well) and is pictured with
                > the
                > > MT track/coupler gauge, an MT boxcar, and by itself as the
                > finished
                > > product would be delivered (with 2 code 55 insulated joiners).
                > >
                > > Photo albums / Texas & Beyond / Z scale track bumpers
                > >
                > > I have some improvements in mind for the production model, and
                > will
                > > be applying rail-brown paint (unless ya'll think it's better in
                > the
                > > nude so the buyer can paint it.)
                > >
                > > I will be building a second prototype with some minor
                adjustments
                > > improve appearance.
                > >
                > > Comments and suggestions welcome.
                > >
                > > Thanks!
                > > Adam
                > > (new Z scale entrepreneur)
              • Michael Hilliard
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 30, 2005
                  Hello,

                  Lookin good Adam. I deleted the full size photos for you to conserve photo space, BTW. I've thought about bumpers for some time and if you do a second design, I'd really be interested in the wheel stop version. If you don't do them maybe I'll find some time this summer, but I'd rather buy than make them. Keep up the good work.

                  Michael Hilliard

                  Adam <the_saint_75240@...> wrote:
                  Ok gang. I've posted 6 photos of the prototype Mk 1 bumper I made.
                  It is based on the first photo (BNSF type) is built on MT track
                  (I'll be doing one for Peco track as well) and is pictured with the
                  MT track/coupler gauge, an MT boxcar, and by itself as the finished
                  product would be delivered (with 2 code 55 insulated joiners).

                  Photo albums / Texas & Beyond / Z scale track bumpers

                  I have some improvements in mind for the production model, and will
                  be applying rail-brown paint (unless ya'll think it's better in the
                  nude so the buyer can paint it.)

                  I will be building a second prototype with some minor adjustments to
                  improve appearance.

                  Comments and suggestions welcome.

                  Thanks!
                  Adam
                  (new Z scale entrepreneur)

                • Glen Chenier
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 1, 2005
                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <the_saint_75240@y...> wrote:
                    > Ok gang. I've posted 6 photos of the prototype Mk 1 bumper I made.

                    Nice bumpers! Sure beats piles of ballast i've used until now.
                    Although the way Yahoo truncates the thumbnail photo titles
                    (...Bum...) one almost expects to see little hobos.