Re: Need advise re: use of Micro-Trains FlexTrack

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2005
      Solder the joints before bending the track. That way it won't kink.
      (Learned once on an N scale module the hard way.)

      Also, offset the joints, so that they're not right across from each
      other.

      Finally, in your "tighter than normal" radius situation, I'd try to
      leave as much of the ties intact, so they will support the rail and
      help keep it in guage. (Perhaps use a heat sink when soldering to draw
      heat away from the ties, which could warp them and exacerbate
      problems.)

      Good luck!
      Adam