Paints

  • Yuji Kuwabara
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 1999
      Hello,

      Thanks to many paint tips.
      Also thanks to our list owner for letting us discuss
      non-Z-specific (but necessary) subjects.

      I too am interested in your experiences.
      Here is mine (Note that I'm in Japan).

      Paint (primer): Normaly none
      Paint (finish coat): TAMIYA water-based acrylic
      Thinner: TAMIYA water-based acrylic
      How much thinner: Still wet on the surface
      Pressure: n/a
      Internal/External Mix Air Brush: maybe Internal

      Method of Gloss coat (for decals):
      Method of Dull coat (for finished product):
      TAMIYA water-based acrylic Clear and Flat Base
      But I still cannot hide decal edge well.

      Where you get your decals:
      Caboose Hobbies
      (Microscale Clear Trim Film via Airmail)
      Japanese brand's are obviously thick than Microscale's.
      But those may be used as thin mold instead.

      Methods of "fixing" and "sealing" decals:
      Microscale MicroSet and MicroSol

      Comments/Tips:
      I must learn more and more.
      My problems are