#81510 Solar Briefcase Layout Set

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
      I have only been a subscriber to this group for one year and a few
      days. I have seen many topic discussions about so much to do with Z
      scale and some small off the topic stuff.

      I have never seen a topic posted as many times or as diverse as the
      posts about these Solar Briefcases that Marklin makes. The
      intensity is tremendous as these postings are snuffing out the
      regular Z postings. It's amazing. I'm almost to the point of
      creating a whole yahoo group just for the Solar Briefcase
      discussions.

      Would it not be great to have a group just for the Solar
      Briefcases? Talk about the good points of owning one of these
      babies, the weight issues, the panto-graph issues, the tranformer
      power issues, the durability of the case it comes in issues, the
      various price issues, and many, many other #81510 Solar Briefcase
      layout set issues?

      Wouldn't that be Awesome!!!!!!!! I think so!

      Tim
    • Flayrah
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
        So does this imply you are tired of reading about the solar
        briefcase?? ;-)

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:

        > I have only been a subscriber to this group for one year and a few
        > days. I have seen many topic discussions about so much to do with
        > scale and some small off the topic stuff.
        >
        > I have never seen a topic posted as many times or as diverse as
        the
        > posts about these Solar Briefcases that Marklin makes. The
        > intensity is tremendous as these postings are snuffing out the
        > regular Z postings. It's amazing. I'm almost to the point of
        > creating a whole yahoo group just for the Solar Briefcase
        > discussions.
        >
        > Would it not be great to have a group just for the Solar
        > Briefcases? Talk about the good points of owning one of these
        > babies, the weight issues, the panto-graph issues, the tranformer
        > power issues, the durability of the case it comes in issues, the
        > various price issues, and many, many other #81510 Solar Briefcase
        > layout set issues?
        >

        > Wouldn't that be Awesome!!!!!!!! I think so!
        >
        > Tim
      • sgt_tim7
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
          Could Be!!!! :)

          Tim
        • jim_manley_alpha_six
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
            Hi Sarge, aka Tim, and All You Other Current and Former Military FolkZ
            and CivilianZ,

            You know, Tim, you're right. I've felt the same way about memberZ who
            go on and on and on in infinite detail about prototype operationsZ,
            benchwork, scenery, structureZ, wiring, moduleZ, flying and driving to
            and exhibiting at model railroad showZ, reZin castingZ, etchingZ,
            moldZ, mildewZ ... ;)

            Your wish iZ my command, Suh! The brigade haZ established a new Yahoo
            group entitled Solar_SetZ, which haZ itZ home page established at the
            following virtual coordinateZ:

            The introductory blurb iZ aZ followZ:

            "This group iZ being formed so that information can be shared about
            the Märklin 81510 Solar set and any other Z scale
            briefcase/suitcase/modular layoutZ directly powered by photonZ or
            other formZ of non-petroleum-based energy (windmillZ, water turbineZ,
            thermocoupleZ, etc.). The only requirement to join iZ interest - you
            don't even need to own one of theZe setZ (yet! :) We will be
            discussing, developing and demonstrating the original Märklin setZ,
            modificationZ memberZ have made to them, such as replacement
            electronicZ, layoutZ, trainZ, and even a standard for interconnecting
            theZe layoutZ as moduleZ. The sky'Z not even the limit - literally -
            since the Märklin layoutZ are powered from space!

            We look forward to your ideaZ, commentZ, and creationZ. Let the sun
            shine ... let the sun shine in ... the sun, shine in!"

            OK, now I'm up to owning, moderating, or being a member of 14 Z scale
            related groupZ. Who wantZ to make it an even 15? :)

            Actually, I mainly created this group so we can post photoZ without
            impinging on the main Z scale group's storage limit, and so we can
            establish a standard for joining layoutZ based on the solar set, about
            which the BAZ BoyZ in the SF Bay area have already been conniving,
            plotting and otherwiZe kibbitZing while waiting for their layoutZ to
            arrive.

            OK, galZ (this means you, Ellen, and all the other ladieZ) and guyZ,
            let'Z get charged!

            All Z BeZt,

            Jim

          • dwb6871@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
              I'm personally not interested in buying a solar briefcase layout, but I did
              enjoy reading the reviews from the folks who bought them. Seems to me they
              got a good deal.

              Regards!
              Doug