Calendar / El paseo - Ft. Bliss

  • Steve Eichman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
      I am wondering why we as a group don't use the calendar function of
      this chat room. We could post all Shows in our regions, local club
      meetings, and any thing else Z related. I would love to be able to
      plan my Travel/Vacation in an area and include those functions and not
      have to do something like this -
      On Apr 8 I am traveling to El Paseo TX to se my son who is stationed
      at FT. Bliss, Are there any Z'ers in the area, shows nearby, Good
      shops?
    • johnegert
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2005
        Steve---- El Paso is not much of a place for Z scale shoppers, to say
        the least....Both Las Cruces,NM, and El Paso have had some train
        specialty stores close in recent times, and nothing much of interest
        has taken their place. I live up in the mountains near Ruidoso,NM, (
        AKA The Texas Alps) and we have a new train store in town--- but no Z
        yet, though I'm working on him. I get down to El Paso periodically, but
        other than a couple of Hobby Warehouse-type places, I'm not aware of a
        single Z scale item in the whole town.
        john