Re: Steve's solar mods

  • Steve Eichman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 10:13 AM
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Eichman" <lladnarrn@c...> wrote:

      > As requested I have posted pics of My mods to the solar set.
      > In the photos section under Llads lumber co in folder solar set mods

      Explanations to pics -
      1. the Radio Shack items - size M DC Power Jack #274-1563,
      Adaptaplug "M" #273-1716, 9V DC power supply
      2. note the new adapter is below the existing one causing
      3. aprox 1/2x1/2x1/2in mod to case for clearance
      4. I soldered jumpers from adapter to adapter
      5. The new adapter is larger than the space provided I used a dremel
      cutoff saw, and as it's hidden it works.

      Notes - I am intending to buy a smaller 9V power supply, and RS has
      adapters that fit batteries. ANY PAIR of adapters will work.

      If I have left any info out ASK.