Steve's solar mods

  • Steve Eichman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
      As requested I have posted pics of My mods to the solar set.
      In the photos section under Llads lumber co in folder solar set mods
    • Steve Eichman
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Eichman" <lladnarrn@c...> wrote:

        > As requested I have posted pics of My mods to the solar set.
        > In the photos section under Llads lumber co in folder solar set mods

        Explanations to pics -
        1. the Radio Shack items - size M DC Power Jack #274-1563,
        Adaptaplug "M" #273-1716, 9V DC power supply
        2. note the new adapter is below the existing one causing
        3. aprox 1/2x1/2x1/2in mod to case for clearance
        4. I soldered jumpers from adapter to adapter
        5. The new adapter is larger than the space provided I used a dremel
        cutoff saw, and as it's hidden it works.

        Notes - I am intending to buy a smaller 9V power supply, and RS has
        adapters that fit batteries. ANY PAIR of adapters will work.

        If I have left any info out ASK.