Re: [Z_Scale] Re: 81510

  • Peter Ibbotson
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
      NB mildly drunk reply.....

      Just checked, the loco does contain the standard Marklin 10V (i.e. not an
      LED) bulbs in it.
      Dunno why they're not visible but then it is in the sun

      Peter

      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 2, 2005
        Nice video, Peter, and I was especially interested in the audio. Have
        you tried that engine on a 'normal' setup? I get a lot less whine. How
        high was the 'throttle?'

        I've run otherwise quiet engines on the Solar and, yes, they whine.
        Are those wierd Marklin electronics using a pulse? Of course, Jeremy,
        we all wish it were a system Joerger.

        I also second Steve's comments about the dirty rails and the poorly
        positioned connector. Now, Steve, if you would publish a photo of your
        adapter modification. I take it you did that rather than use a 110 ->
        220 adapter on the brick that same with it?

        RGM

        BTW, timetable: purchased on 3/14, shipped on 3/15, arrived at my back
        door in MA 3/30 (no signature.)
      • Ted LaMar
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 4, 2005
          >Are those wierd Marklin electronics using a pulse? Of course, Jeremy,
          >we all wish it were a system Joerger.

          It seeme like it to me, becasue the engine get warm to the touch much quicker than it should.

          Like just a few minutes of operation.