RE: [Z_Scale] Re: 81510

  • Ted LaMar
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
      >Is the locomotive a special
      >version with no lights at all or is it that they are just not
      >visible in the video?

      Just not visible. There are three lights on each end, I think. Definitely at least two. I don't have it in front of me.

      But they are typically very dim at appropriate speeds. Good candidate for a decoder.

    • Peter Ibbotson
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
        NB mildly drunk reply.....

        Just checked, the loco does contain the standard Marklin 10V (i.e. not an
        LED) bulbs in it.
        Dunno why they're not visible but then it is in the sun

        Peter

        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 2, 2005
          Nice video, Peter, and I was especially interested in the audio. Have
          you tried that engine on a 'normal' setup? I get a lot less whine. How
          high was the 'throttle?'

          I've run otherwise quiet engines on the Solar and, yes, they whine.
          Are those wierd Marklin electronics using a pulse? Of course, Jeremy,
          we all wish it were a system Joerger.

          I also second Steve's comments about the dirty rails and the poorly
          positioned connector. Now, Steve, if you would publish a photo of your
          adapter modification. I take it you did that rather than use a 110 ->
          220 adapter on the brick that same with it?

          RGM

          BTW, timetable: purchased on 3/14, shipped on 3/15, arrived at my back
          door in MA 3/30 (no signature.)
        • Ted LaMar
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 4, 2005
            >Are those wierd Marklin electronics using a pulse? Of course, Jeremy,
            >we all wish it were a system Joerger.

            It seeme like it to me, becasue the engine get warm to the touch much quicker than it should.

            Like just a few minutes of operation.