Re: 81510

  • zscaleinfo
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
      Very nice video! Thanks for posting. Is the locomotive a special
      version with no lights at all or is it that they are just not
      visible in the video?

      Tapani Tuominen
      trains@...

      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
        >Is the locomotive a special
        >version with no lights at all or is it that they are just not
        >visible in the video?

        Just not visible. There are three lights on each end, I think. Definitely at least two. I don't have it in front of me.

        But they are typically very dim at appropriate speeds. Good candidate for a decoder.

      • Peter Ibbotson
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1, 2005
          NB mildly drunk reply.....

          Just checked, the loco does contain the standard Marklin 10V (i.e. not an
          LED) bulbs in it.
          Dunno why they're not visible but then it is in the sun

          Peter

          > Very nice video! Thanks for posting. Is the locomotive a special
          > version with no lights at all or is it that they are just not
          > visible in the video?
          >
          > Tapani Tuominen
          > trains@...

        • richardminutillo
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 2, 2005
            Nice video, Peter, and I was especially interested in the audio. Have
            you tried that engine on a 'normal' setup? I get a lot less whine. How
            high was the 'throttle?'

            I've run otherwise quiet engines on the Solar and, yes, they whine.
            Are those wierd Marklin electronics using a pulse? Of course, Jeremy,
            we all wish it were a system Joerger.

            I also second Steve's comments about the dirty rails and the poorly
            positioned connector. Now, Steve, if you would publish a photo of your
            adapter modification. I take it you did that rather than use a 110 ->
            220 adapter on the brick that same with it?

            RGM

            BTW, timetable: purchased on 3/14, shipped on 3/15, arrived at my back
            door in MA 3/30 (no signature.)
          • Ted LaMar
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 4, 2005
              >Are those wierd Marklin electronics using a pulse? Of course, Jeremy,
              >we all wish it were a system Joerger.

              It seeme like it to me, becasue the engine get warm to the touch much quicker than it should.

              Like just a few minutes of operation.