Re: solar set video

  • chrisrobinathome
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1 11:11 AM
      Thanks Peter for the video of the solar train. Nice job on the video
      I could really see the details. It is keeping me entertained while I
      anxiously await the arrival of my set.

      Thanks, Robin
    • Peter Ibbotson
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1 11:48 AM
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1 12:32 PM
          Very nice video! Thanks for posting. Is the locomotive a special
          version with no lights at all or is it that they are just not
          visible in the video?

          Tapani Tuominen
          trains@...

          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1 1:56 PM
            >Is the locomotive a special
            >version with no lights at all or is it that they are just not
            >visible in the video?

            Just not visible. There are three lights on each end, I think. Definitely at least two. I don't have it in front of me.

            But they are typically very dim at appropriate speeds. Good candidate for a decoder.

          • Peter Ibbotson
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 1 4:03 PM
              NB mildly drunk reply.....

              Just checked, the loco does contain the standard Marklin 10V (i.e. not an
              LED) bulbs in it.
              Dunno why they're not visible but then it is in the sun

              Peter

              > Very nice video! Thanks for posting. Is the locomotive a special
              > version with no lights at all or is it that they are just not
              > visible in the video?
              >
              > Tapani Tuominen
              > trains@...

            • richardminutillo
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 2 4:34 AM
                Nice video, Peter, and I was especially interested in the audio. Have
                you tried that engine on a 'normal' setup? I get a lot less whine. How
                high was the 'throttle?'

                I've run otherwise quiet engines on the Solar and, yes, they whine.
                Are those wierd Marklin electronics using a pulse? Of course, Jeremy,
                we all wish it were a system Joerger.

                I also second Steve's comments about the dirty rails and the poorly
                positioned connector. Now, Steve, if you would publish a photo of your
                adapter modification. I take it you did that rather than use a 110 ->
                220 adapter on the brick that same with it?

                RGM

                BTW, timetable: purchased on 3/14, shipped on 3/15, arrived at my back
                door in MA 3/30 (no signature.)
              • Ted LaMar
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 4 9:39 AM
                  >Are those wierd Marklin electronics using a pulse? Of course, Jeremy,
                  >we all wish it were a system Joerger.

                  It seeme like it to me, becasue the engine get warm to the touch much quicker than it should.

                  Like just a few minutes of operation.