DC_Bend Track Group Show Report(Pictures in Photo Section on Yahoo Site)

  • Kez
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2005
      Hello all,

      The Washington DC Chapter of Z_Bend Track(well, at least THIS member) is happy
      to report that we had a stellar show this Saturday and Sunday at the Showplace
      Arena in Upper Marlboro, MD. This was one of our SMALL shows(hehe) where we
      brought just five modules, for a combined module display length of approximately
      20 feet, over 80 feet of actual trackage.

      We had a lot of Z questions, a lot of "Z scale sure has come a long way" quotes,
      and MANY positive comments about our setup, even though three of the modules
      were severely "under construction" as far as scenery is concerned. As usual,
      Art Bildman's Seaside Village, Town Square, and Farm Module (all in one)
      garnered much praise, and was the focal point for watching trains go by. We ran
      many different consists, including steam driven freight and passenger
      trains(including the stunning AZL GS3 with articulated passenger coaches), a GG3
      powered six-car passenger train(what a great runner, even without adding
      weight), modern husky stack unit trains, modern coal unit trains(with up to
      24(?) Pennzee hoppers), and finally, to end the weekend, my 14 year old MTL
      Southern Pacific F7 loco pulled a 41 car mixed freight consist (plus caboose!),
      and pulled strongly and reliably the whole time. I ran out of rolling stock
      before the F7 ran out of pulling power!

      Overall, I had a great time, and I think everyone else did as well. Many thanks
      to Randy Smidt, Art Bildman, Bill Marsh, and Tony Perez for your hard work and
      help in keeping the trains going(Tony, a little more devotion to Z, huh? How
      about it?) ;)

      Hopefully, the DC group will be welcoming a few new members as a result of this
      showing, as there was lots of interest and exchanging of e-mail addresses.

      Please go to the Yahoo Z_Scale Photo page, Washington DC_Z_Bend Track Folder,
      Greenberg's Train Show subfolder for a few pictures from this show. Hopefully,
      some others will be added in the near future.

      Thanks for reading, and supporting Z!
      Bryan Keyser
      Vienna, VA
    • sgt_tim7
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2005
        Awesome Report! Nice photos! After that great report, you raised
        my hunger for photo representation. Please, everyone who was there,
        post more photos. Thanks!
        Tim
      • randy smidt
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
          I might try to post some more photos tomorrow while I
          am sitting at home with son. He has an ear infection
          and tomorrow is my turn to be with him. ;-) For some
          strange reason (OK by me) when he is sick he seems to
          sleep best while drapped across my chest as I sit
          typing on the computer.

          I think we actually had about 4 people interested in
          joining our group, plus another person interested in
          joining the Z scale group in Richmond, VA! What I am
          finding VERY interesting is the response we had from
          women!. 3 of the 4 that expressed interest were women
          and we even only got I think two "It's so cute
          comments." Even the Nn3 guys came over and
          complimented us. A lot of folks happy to see Z scale
          on the show circuit now. THe neatest question/comment
          though was "Where can I buy this stuff" and are any
          vendors here selling Z scale. Of course they weren't,
          but we did talk about coordinating with one of the
          local Z retailers that does bring a booth to many of
          these local shows so that they can have product
          available when we will be at shows. (One of their
          employees does Nn3).

          More later (hopefully tonight or tomorrow).

          Randy Smidt
          --- sgt_tim7 <sgt_tim1@...> wrote:

          > Awesome Report! Nice photos! After that great
          > report, you raised
          > my hunger for photo representation. Please,
          > everyone who was there,
          > post more photos. Thanks!
          > Tim
          >

          > -Z- WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in
          > Small DoseZ!
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Kez
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
            Tim,

            At your request, I have posted another five photos from the show to the
            Greenberg's Folder in the Washington DC Z_Bend Track folder. They aren't high
            quality(I'm a bit disappointed in my Canon digital), but hopefully they'll keep
            you going until Randy gets more in there. ;)

            Enjoy, and all comments are welcome!

            Bryan Keyser
            DC_Z_Bend Track
            Vienna, VA

            > Awesome Report! Nice photos! After that great report, you raised
            > my hunger for photo representation. Please, everyone who was there,
            > post more photos. Thanks!
            > Tim

          • Kez
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
              Okay, I was on a roll. There's four more photos in that same DC folder.

              Enjoy!

              Bryan Keyser
              Vienna, VA
              DC_Z_Bend Track