Unofficial Micro-Trains Release Report Website Update

  • umtrr
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 27, 2005
      The Unofficial Micro-Trains Release Report website is <finally>
      caught up with...

      The archive versions of the UMTRR for January and February 2005 have
      been posted, and all release tables including the "Month by Month"
      table for 2005 have been updated.

      Just in time to get the March releases tomorrow...

      For those of you not familiar with it, the UMTRR is my independent
      review and commentary on the monthly releases of Micro-Trains Line,
      not affiliated with MTL, and includes information on the prototype
      history of the car, data from Official Railway Equipment Registers,
      photo references, and just about anything else I can get my hands on.
      There are also occassional "guest commentaries" from specific
      railroad and prototype experts, all in a convenient easy to use
      package. Yes, this includes the Z Scale releases!

      The February 2005 full-length subscriber edition of the UMTRR was
      sent to all UMTRR e-mail subscribers on February 10. The archive
      edition on the website is shorter, doesn't cover locomotive and some
      Special Edition releases, and does not include live links, and is
      posted two to three weeks (or more!) after the subscriber edition is
      issued. Subscribers usually receive the full UMTRR within a few days
      of the Micro-Trains monthly announcements. Please visit the website
      for information on how to subscribe...

      http://www.irwinsjournal.com/umtrr

      The UMTRR continues to be free and worth at least that much...

      George in Ellison Park, NY
      UMTRR, A1G, W&NY, IJOnline, all at
      http://www.irwinsjournal.com
    • patrick_tansey
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 28, 2005
        Just took a look at the Micro Trains website <http://www.micro-
        trains.com/> and noticed that they already have the March releases
        posted, and more importantly, a marketing poll for Z scalers.

        ...Pat
      • Lajos Thek
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 28, 2005
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "patrick_tansey" <pjtansey1@a...>
          wrote:

          > Just took a look at the Micro Trains website
          > and noticed that they already have the March
          > releases posted, and more importantly, a
          > marketing poll for Z scalers.

          This should work:
          <http://www.micro-trains.com>

          Lajos
        • kd79ctls
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 28, 2005
            Hi
            Where on there website is this poll for Z scale
            Kevin

            wrote:

            > Just took a look at the Micro Trains website <http://www.micro-
            > trains.com/> and noticed that they already have the March releases
            > posted, and more importantly, a marketing poll for Z scalers.
            >
            > ...Pat
          • Bryan Keyser
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 28, 2005
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "kd79ctls" <kd79ctls@y...> wrote:

              > Hi
              > Where on there website is this poll for Z scale
              > Kevin

              I found the poll to be right on the front page at
              <www.micro-trains.com>

              I just checked, and it's still there.

              Now go and PARTICIPATE!

              Bryan Keyser
              Vienna, VA
            • www.zscalemonster.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 28, 2005
                Make sure you all go to <http://www.micro-trains.com/> and vote on
                the poll (It is at the bottom of the home page.)

                We need every vote we can get. Obviously Micro-Trains is taking us
                seriously but now is the time to show what we really want... And how
                much we want. We can list our favorite Road Names, Favorite Era, and
                what new body styles we would like to see.
                Take this poll seriously and get every vote in.
                Lets get out there and Z!

                Anthony
                http://www.zscalemonster.com/
              • ztrack@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 28, 2005
                  I agree completely with Anthony. This is a great opportunity and I encourage
                  all those interested in North American prototypes in Z scale to take part in
                  the MT poll. The microphone is yours. Have fun!

                  Rob Kluz

                  Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                  6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                  Dublin, OH 43016
                  phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                  www.ztrack.com

                • Fred Griffin
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 28, 2005
                    I sent in mine---saying I wanted the 50' ribsided
                    boxcars

                    Fred Griffin

                    --- "www.zscalemonster.com"
                    <anthony@...> wrote:

                    > Make sure you all go to
                    > <http://www.micro-trains.com/> and vote on
                    > the poll (It is at the bottom of the home page.)
                    >
                    > We need every vote we can get. .
                    > Take this poll seriously and get every vote in.
                    > Lets get out there and Z!

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Stephen Moore
                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
                      Everyone should take this survey.
                      It is important, and will help MTL put out more products that we all
                      want.

                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lajos Thek" <olaj@d...> wrote:

                      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "patrick_tansey" <pjtansey1@a...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Just took a look at the Micro Trains website
                      > > and noticed that they already have the March
                      > > releases posted, and more importantly, a
                      > > marketing poll for Z scalers.
                      >
                      > This should work:
                      > <http://www.micro-trains.com>
                      >
                      > Lajos
                    • Stephen Moore
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
                        It won't let you take it more than once, I forgot to add Coal porters
                        to that list of products you would like to see. SO, if anyone out
                        there hasn't taken yet, please add coal cars for me any road, but
                        prefer NS and chessie..
                        Wouldn't it be great if MTL started making coal cars.
                        thanks

                        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lajos Thek" <olaj@d...> wrote:

                        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "patrick_tansey" <pjtansey1@a...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Just took a look at the Micro Trains website
                        > > and noticed that they already have the March
                        > > releases posted, and more importantly, a
                        > > marketing poll for Z scalers.
                        >
                        > This should work:
                        > <http://www.micro-trains.com>
                        >
                        > Lajos
                      • harold grady
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
                          Hi Stephen, took the poll yesterday. I made sure
                          that they knew how high a priority coalporters were
                          to me. I also put as desirable 2 bay coal hoppers
                          either
                          offset or ribside. And last I put we also need 4 bay
                          modern coal hoppers. I forgot to mention 3 bay offset
                          side coal hoppers.
                          Harold Grady
                          --- Stephen Moore <katherinesdaddy@...> wrote:

                          > It won't let you take it more than once, I forgot to
                          > add Coal porters
                          > to that list of products you would like to see. SO,
                          > if anyone out
                          > there hasn't taken yet, please add coal cars for me
                          > any road, but
                          > prefer NS and chessie..
                          > Wouldn't it be great if MTL started making coal
                          > cars.
                          > thanks
                          >

                          > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Lajos Thek"
                          > <olaj@d...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "patrick_tansey"
                          > <pjtansey1@a...>
                          > > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Just took a look at the Micro Trains website
                          > > > and noticed that they already have the March
                          > > > releases posted, and more importantly, a
                          > > > marketing poll for Z scalers.
                          > >
                          > > This should work:
                          > > <http://www.micro-trains.com>
                          > >
                          > > Lajos

                          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                        • de Champeaux Dominique
                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 2, 2005
                            --- Fred Griffin <griffinfgms39157@...> wrote:

                            > I sent in mine---saying I wanted the 50' ribsided
                            > boxcars
                            >
                            > Fred Griffin

                            And myself I sent mine:
                            -modern high capacity tank cars
                            -covered hoppers of any style
                            -modern high roofed boxcars
                            -trilevel covered autoracks

                            Dominique

                          • www.zscalemonster.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 2, 2005
                              I know that none of us want to sway the vote of another...
                              wait, is that right? Maybe we do.?!?!
                              The bottom line is that we just want more shocking Z Scale products.
                              How about TOFC's, realistic tank cars, along with Enclosed Tri-Level
                              Autoracks.
                              Now, I can only imagine cars that massive, scaled down to Z scale.
                              Open Hoppers, Closed hoppers, 40' Gondolas, more Cabooses... WE NEED
                              IT.

                              Remember, get to Micro-Trains and enter your opinions into the poll.
                              Anthony
                              http://www.zscalemonster.com/

                            • miked_r@yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 2, 2005
                                I was unrepresented in the voting as to what region I live in.

                                I live in the Northeast (aka New York) but not New England. Did I miss
                                a check box?

                                Thanks,

                                Michael
                              • Brian Redman
                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 2, 2005
                                  On Mar 2, 2005, at 11:22 PM, miked_r@... wrote:

                                  > I was unrepresented in the voting as to what region I live in.
                                  >
                                  > I live in the Northeast (aka New York) but not New England. Did I miss
                                  > a check box?

                                  I re-read that list 1/2 dozen times and came to the conclusion NY, NJ,
                                  PA and maybe a few more states are "Other".

                                  brian
                                • omg_joel
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Mar 2, 2005
                                    Nor did they mention Canada. That sure made me feel unimportant, especially since I own five of their locos and 41 cars.I guess
                                    Brian Redman <yahoo@...> wrote:On Mar 2, 2005, at 11:22 PM, miked_r@... wrote:

                                    > I was unrepresented in the voting as to what region I live in.
                                    >
                                    > I live in the Northeast (aka New York) but not New England. Did I miss
                                    > a check box?

                                    I re-read that list 1/2 dozen times and came to the conclusion NY, NJ,
                                    PA and maybe a few more states are "Other".

                                    brian

                                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                                    Regards , Joel

                                  • de Champeaux Dominique
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Mar 2, 2005
                                      > How about TOFC's, realistic tank cars, along with
                                      > Enclosed Tri-Level
                                      > Autoracks.
                                      > Now, I can only imagine cars that massive, scaled
                                      > down to Z scale.

                                      Hi Anthony, it's funny that not sooner than today I
                                      answered MTL' survey with (among others) the two
                                      latter from your list above....

                                      Dominique

                                    • randy smidt
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Mar 3, 2005
                                        Hi Michael, I e-mailed MTL about just that yesterday
                                        and actually got an e-mail back from them the same day
                                        saying that they would forward the info on to the
                                        marketing director. The more people that e-mail them
                                        (Sorry to those of you up North, I didn't think to
                                        mention Canada either) the less likely they will be to
                                        do this later. If enough people from the missing
                                        areas e-mail them, they might get as much data as from
                                        the survey. MTL does seem to want to listen to Z
                                        scalers more now.

                                        Randy Smidt
                                        Springfield, VA

                                        --- miked_r@... wrote:

                                        > I was unrepresented in the voting as to what region
                                        > I live in.
                                        >
                                        > I live in the Northeast (aka New York) but not New
                                        > England. Did I miss
                                        > a check box?
                                        >
                                        > Thanks,
                                        >
                                        > Michael
                                        >

                                        > -Z- WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in
                                        > Small DoseZ!
                                        >
                                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      • Tom Fisher
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Mar 3, 2005
                                          I had the same problem for Texas -- no listing. In
                                          order to have some voice, I forced myself to list my
                                          vote as being from the SW-USA.

                                          --- miked_r@... wrote:

                                          > I was unrepresented in the voting as to what region
                                          > I live in.
                                          >
                                          > I live in the Northeast (aka New York) but not New
                                          > England. Did I miss
                                          > a check box?
                                          >
                                          > Thanks,
                                          >
                                          > Michael