Re: The Scheinenzeppelin

  • Manfred Gottschalch
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 1999
      Hi Jacob,
      I have a rail zep in HO. I did not know that it was shortened. In any
      case When I tried to run it on a test track of old Mtrack it did not do
      very well. The curves tend to slow it down a lot. The track came from an
      old set in the days when there was only one curve type. it may run
      better on the more modern track with a wide radius.

      As far as the Zgauge one goes I would like one also, and may get lucky
      some day. I would think that the same would apply to it, ie. on a tight
      curve it will tend to slow down because of it's length. No first hand
      experiance, just a guess based on the HO model and physics.

      Let me know of any info you get on it please.
      --
      Manfred Gottschalch
      Finance & Accounting Records Mgr.

      Ph: (352) 392-2329
      Fax: (352) 392-3831
      Suncom: 622-2329
      e-mail megott@...
    • Jacob Munkhammar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 1999
        >From: Manfred Gottschalch <megott@...>
        >
        >I have a rail zep in HO. I did not know that it was shortened.

        So I have read and heard, anyway. Compare yours with the Z-scale model on
        this page:
        http://www.hhmueller.com/z/schienen.htm

        I have studied photos of the real thing and I noted that in some pictures
        it has a four-bladed propellor, in others a two-bladed.
        Also, the right side windows seem to change (rear ones covered on the
        two-bladed version).
        But there was only one original one, right?

        /Jacob