  • Yuji Kuwabara
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 23, 1999
      Hello Bill,

      Thank you for your comment on Santa Fe blue bonnet
      about a month ago. Here is a good news from me.

      I purchased books "The Santa Fe Diesels". In vol. 1,
      there are several color photographs of B-units in
      that paint scheme. It seems to me that Santa Fe numbered
      their B-units with postfix "A" (326A for example)
      while A-units with no postfix (338 for example).
      Or for A-B-B-A set, they numbered with postfix
      nnnL-nnnA-nnnB-nnnC respectively. (L for lead unit)

      Now we can say that Marklin's are rather prototypical.
      One difference I noticed that Marklin's B-unit does not
      have a road name "SANTA FE" on their sides.

      Thanks

      Yuji Kuwabra
    • Yuji Kuwabara
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 24, 1999
        Hello,

        Does anyone have tips to prevent dust while airbrushing?

        Thanks.

        Yuji Kuwabara
      • Yuji Kuwabara
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 7:46 PM
          Hello Cyrus,

          Very nice and interesting work.
          I'm attracted by her driver wheel, tender and
          well balanced proportion.
          In addition, I'd like to know how you made
          the package photography.

          (I counld not see those pictures on April 1/2
          because of onelist's maintainance.)

          Thanks.

          Yuji Kuwabara
        • Cyrus Lum
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4 10:56 PM
            --- In z_scale@egroups.com, "Yuji Kuwabara" <HHG01200@n...> wrote:
            > Hello Cyrus,
            >
            > Very nice and interesting work.
            > I'm attracted by her driver wheel, tender and
            > well balanced proportion.

            Thanks ! Almost sounds like a wild party chick!

            > In addition, I'd like to know how you made
            > the package photography.

            What! This really did come from Markl... - Just kidding ;)

            All I did was scan in real box art and I took a picture of the
            train. Using Photoshop, I reworked the box art,(I changed the
            company name to MarkLum to avoid any trademark issues as well as give
            the careful observer a clue that this was a fake. I also put April
            Fools text in the reflections that fall on the table top) then I
            printed it out to glossy card stock on an inkjet printer.

            Cyrus