Glücksschwein-Lokomotive

  • Jacob Munkhammar
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 1999
      Now, what on Earth made them develop the pig loco?
      And, I wonder, who in the marketing department recommended it?

      Of course, developping costs must have been minimal - put a plastic pig on
      an existing chassis - and there are a lot of collectors who'll buy
      "anything" - but I'd hate to think that M�rklin are as cynical as that.
      (Actually, I think this is a potential future collectable.)

      OK, if there was a line of piglet cars, then it would be almost fun, but a
      lonely pig loco, aesthetically incompatible with any other rolling stock?
      I fail completely to see the point.

      If they want to go weird, why not go weird in the world of railroading? May
      I suggest the following loco: http://www.awnuts.com/Whimsey_RW.html
      Note also the cog loco on the stamp on the top of the page, that's one of
      my favourites. Anyone know what it is? I also have a scanned stereoscopic
      photo of it on a disk someplace.

      OK, I can only admit a love for weird machinery...

      /Jacob

      PS. About "unrealism", the recent "fantasy layouts" thread on rec.
      models.railroad was highly enjoyable! Dragon locos with smoke coming from
      the nostils *are* fun!

      - - - Jacob Munkhammar - - - jacob@... - - -
      - ARCHITECTURE - DESIGN - COMP.SOFTWARE - WRITING -
      - - - - - - http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~jacob/ - - - - - -