Re: [z_scale] Pad Printing

  • Don Bouchard
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2 9:04 PM
      Hi Danny,
      I'm not sure about Marklin but Micro-trains uses older semi auto pad
      printers and etched steel templates to get the high quality images on their
      rolling stock. These machines can be found on Ebay for a few thousand
      dollars. Then they need to be modified to be accurate enough for z scale.
      also the pads that are available commercially are not useable for the very
      small printing so plan on purchasing a bell vacume jar and having a pad mold
      made so you can make your own.
      Of course there are some manual machines on the market that will put your
      logo on pens and golf balls but I know from experience they are only capable
      of the most basic model decorating.
      I spent months trying to get an acceptable print on the rogue GP38's with
      one of these cheap econoprinters. In the end I went with a company in
      Portland.
      Don.
      Rantings from the Pacific NorthWest