Re: [z_scale] re- turnouts

  • Don Bouchard
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hi Peter,
      A prototype injection mold for Z turn outs would cost between 1500 & 2500
      from someone like me that builds them on the side of their full time job,
      depending on the size of the mold base required. At this cost, it could take
      a while to recoup tooling costs. Add to this the cost of the production run
      and packaging/assembly and you would have a stiff initial investment. That
      said, I imagine that most of the Z scalers that have layouts would cough up
      a fare price for a turnout or cross over that demonstrated a high mark of
      reliability.
      Don.
      Rantings from the Pacific NorthWest.