Re: [z_scale] Micro-Trains Track & Steam

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
      Kevin,

      I would think it possible to swap the three pole motor with the five in the
      MTL mogul. The chassis of the modul is from Märklin and as long as the motor
      was not modified to work with the new chassis, the swap should be quite easy.

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703
      www.ztrack.com
    • Garth A. Hamilton - VE3HO
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
        The last time I purchased a motor for the mogul it was actually a new chassis with the motor in place. This is because the motor worm is pressed onto the shaft on the other side of the main shaft/thrust bearing which is located in the chassis itself and so can not be replaced in the conventional manner. The 0-6-0 is the same way the rest of the steamers are different.

        Garth