Re: [z_scale] Micro-Trains Track & Steam

  • Kevin Walker
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
      Hi Garth,

      I'd be interested in seeing the equilalent dimensions compared to 4' 8 1/2" standard gauge prototype dimensions. I'd be interested in rail and tie dimensions, etc.

      Thanks,

      Kevin Walker

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
        Kevin,

        I would think it possible to swap the three pole motor with the five in the
        MTL mogul. The chassis of the modul is from Märklin and as long as the motor
        was not modified to work with the new chassis, the swap should be quite easy.

        Rob Kluz

        Ztrack Magazine
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com
      • Garth A. Hamilton - VE3HO
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
          The last time I purchased a motor for the mogul it was actually a new chassis with the motor in place. This is because the motor worm is pressed onto the shaft on the other side of the main shaft/thrust bearing which is located in the chassis itself and so can not be replaced in the conventional manner. The 0-6-0 is the same way the rest of the steamers are different.

          Garth