Lettering

  • thecreepiest2000@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2001
      Hello everyone, can anyone tell me what to do in order to get the
      lettering, road numbers, or designs for our little cars? Is there a
      special printing program that works on computers. I want to change
      one of my F-7's over to an Amtrak, but can't seem to find any links
      or help to find a company to do this. What do you all do when you
      repaint these shells? Help! Jamie
      Actually, I don't know if I ever asked on this list, but does anyone
      have the Amtrak 8862? I am beginning to wonder if any of these
      actually exist...
    • D. A. Karp
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2001
        Jamie,

        >Hello everyone, can anyone tell me what to do in order to get the
        >lettering, road numbers, or designs for our little cars?

        It's nearly impossible to find Z-scale decals commercially, but they're
        easy to make.

        >Is there a special printing program that works on computers.

        Any graphics software will do: photoshop, illustrator, corel, wordperfect,
        anything. All you need is a decent printer and blank decal sheets. Hint:
        the Alps MD-5000 (hard to find) will print in white!

        >Actually, I don't know if I ever asked on this list, but does anyone
        >have the Amtrak 8862? I am beginning to wonder if any of these
        >actually exist...

        I see them on eBay all the time...

        -David
        http://www.creativelement.com/z/
      • kim@blueneptune.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2001
          Actually someone in this group got a whole bunch of Z scale decals and
          quite a few of us bought some from him at a great price. I'll have to
          check my old emails to see who it was and if he's got more.
          Will let you know once I get home and check my emails.
          Kim

        • kim@blueneptune.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 31, 2001
            I just searched the archives check message #1999 and #2348 for decals.

          • kim@blueneptune.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 31, 2001
              Please check messages 1999 and 2348 for decals

            • kim@blueneptune.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 31, 2001
                I am not sure if my previous posts came through but it was just a fyi
                to check messages 1999 and 2348 for decals.
                Kim

                --- In z_scale@y..., thecreepiest2000@y... wrote:
                > Hello everyone, can anyone tell me what to do in order to get the
                > lettering, road numbers, or designs for our little cars? Is there a
                > special printing program that works on computers. I want to change
                > one of my F-7's over to an Amtrak, but can't seem to find any links
                > or help to find a company to do this. What do you all do when you
                > repaint these shells? Help! Jamie
                > Actually, I don't know if I ever asked on this list, but does
                anyone
                > have the Amtrak 8862? I am beginning to wonder if any of these
                > actually exist...
              • Yuji Kuwabara
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 1, 2001
                  Hello,

                  As D. A. Karp wrote, you can make decals yourself using
                  ALPS MD series printer. I heard that there is dedicated
                  mailing list on this topic. I use MD-1300 (discontinued),
                  but I don't join that list.
                  Note that available color is limited. It can prints "solid"
                  CMY (cyan, magenta, yellow) and their overprinting combinations.
                  I think its solid cyan is good for the Amtrak's unit number decal.
                  Any other tone is represented by dithering. In my opinion,
                  it is not acceptable quality.
                  Also note that its resolutions higher than 600dpi are for
                  special photo-paper printing, not for decal. (but I don't know
                  latest machine spec.) So you don't need to purchase higher rank
                  machine.

                  Regards.

                  Yuji Kuwabara