Re: GG-1 in Bi-Centennial Colors (links and original message referenced)

  • miked_r@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
      See message 28616 (you can always put GG-1 or GG1 in the "Search
      Archive" box. In most cases you can find the message.)

      Here is the text:

      Here is the original #4800 Conrail GG-1:

      <http://www.railroad.net/photos/bicentennial/media/CR_4800_19761.jpg>
      You can also see other 1976 U.S. Bicentennial locomotives here:

      <http://www.railroad.net/photos/bicentennial/>

      My favorite was always the AT& Santa Fe Spirit of '76, so often
      featured in HO & O scales...anyone else remember the Figure 8 HO
      Spirit of '76 set?

      I may have found a new valentine's day gift for my wife to get me...

      Michael

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Bartolotto" <jsbart@p...> wrote:

      > Didn't someone post some photos of the newly released Marklin's GG-1
      > in Bi-Centennial colors with photos of an actual GG-1 in Bi-
      > Centennial colors as a comparison? Can anyone tell me where to
      > locate those photos? As I recall the comparison was dead on - kudos
      > to Marklin!
      >
      > John
    • D. A. Karp
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
        Hi John,

        Here's Marklin's photo of the z-scale Conrail GG-1:
        http://www.maerklin-info.de/product_files/1/img/grossansicht/88491.jpg

        BTW, for those who haven't seen it, the 2005 new releases are online at
        Marklin.de:
        http://tinyurl.com/5ud32

        Tons of new stuff - of special interest:

        * 86210 set of four slag cars
        * 81436 "Henschel-Wegmann" set
        * 88630 Belgian Class 54

        -David