GG-1 in Bi-Centennial Colors

  • John Bartolotto
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
      Didn't someone post some photos of the newly released Marklin's GG-1
      in Bi-Centennial colors with photos of an actual GG-1 in Bi-
      Centennial colors as a comparison? Can anyone tell me where to
      locate those photos? As I recall the comparison was dead on - kudos
      to Marklin!

      John
    • miked_r@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
        See message 28616 (you can always put GG-1 or GG1 in the "Search
        Archive" box. In most cases you can find the message.)

        Here is the text:

        Here is the original #4800 Conrail GG-1:

        <http://www.railroad.net/photos/bicentennial/media/CR_4800_19761.jpg>
        You can also see other 1976 U.S. Bicentennial locomotives here:

        <http://www.railroad.net/photos/bicentennial/>

        My favorite was always the AT& Santa Fe Spirit of '76, so often
        featured in HO & O scales...anyone else remember the Figure 8 HO
        Spirit of '76 set?

        I may have found a new valentine's day gift for my wife to get me...

        Michael

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "John Bartolotto" <jsbart@p...> wrote:

        > Didn't someone post some photos of the newly released Marklin's GG-1
        > in Bi-Centennial colors with photos of an actual GG-1 in Bi-
        > Centennial colors as a comparison? Can anyone tell me where to
        > locate those photos? As I recall the comparison was dead on - kudos
        > to Marklin!
        >
        > John
      • D. A. Karp
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
          Hi John,

          Here's Marklin's photo of the z-scale Conrail GG-1:
          http://www.maerklin-info.de/product_files/1/img/grossansicht/88491.jpg

          BTW, for those who haven't seen it, the 2005 new releases are online at
          Marklin.de:
          http://tinyurl.com/5ud32

          Tons of new stuff - of special interest:

          * 86210 set of four slag cars
          * 81436 "Henschel-Wegmann" set
          * 88630 Belgian Class 54

          -David