Reference material for 1950's German layout

  • valz220
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi All

      I'm looking for links to sites with reference material for the layout
      I am building. It will be mid to late 1950's Germany. Anything you
      have would be great, but I am particularly looking for pictures of
      passenger and goods consists, colour pictures of trackside
      buildings/yards and general scenery.

      I'm building quite a list of links myself, but I am sure lots of
      people out there have modeled this era and must have many more
      reference links for me to study!

      thanks

      Val
    • Trains
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
        What an interesting question! I am myself doing similar intelligence
        gathering of German railways in the 60's and 70's. I have discovered German
        model train publications to be a great help in my effort. They publish
        frequently era III pictures and illustrations from the 50's and 60's. MIBA
        is one particularly interesting publication for those who can read German
        (http://www.miba.de). They have also two little booklets about passenger and
        goods train compositions of era III.

        Tapani Tuominen
        trains@...