Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Will one fine American help out this dumb Canuck?

  • Edward Scullin
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
      Rob etal
      I am wondering if the Depot will be big enough. It says 40 people
      for a convention/conference and about 80 for an "informal" setting.
      If we break into two or thee rooms for teh work sessions will it be
      able to handle us?
      Other than that it looks like an ideal venue for a train related
      meeting .
      Just a question
      Ed Scullin
      PS are you dong something for a block of rooms, or should we try on
      our own? If on our own, any recommedations for convinence etc.
      Ed S

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
        Ed:

        > It says 40 people
        > for a convention/conference and about 80 for an "informal" setting.

        Not to worry, Ed. Z-Scalers don't take up much space. <smile>

        Bill K.
        Houston

      • Loren Snyder
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
          Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Space for all Zeds to hang out

          > Not to worry, Ed. Z-Scalers don't take up much space. <smile>
          >
          > Bill K.
          > Houston

          Bill, While it is true that
          Z-Scalers don't take up much space, it is also true that Z-Scalers think
          BIG.......and therein could lie the problem !!!! Aren't we trying to take
          over the world in a manner of speaking? Question to ask yourself....."How
          many Z-Scalers can fit on the head of a pin"? Answer......."As many as
          you want....because we get the point"! Maybe Rob will have us draw
          numbers to see who gets to sit and who gets to stand. No matter what, it is
          going to be one grand time.......where does the line form? Looking
          forward a whole bunch.
        • Don
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
            Umm, a couple I have seen might come in as "G" or maybe "O" on an
            inhale.

            Don
            Akron, Ohio - USA

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
              Don't worry, we have it covered.

              The depot has conference rooms which we will be utilizing. When you receive
              the official registration form, you will be asked to select a clinic/seminar
              from a choice of two for each time block. This way, we can allocate people to
              rooms. If we do have a very large turnout, we will offer three sessions instead
              of two. If need be, we will rent tents to accommodate everyone for lunch and
              for common discussions.

              With your official registration packet, we will include a listing of hotels.
              We are looking at three choices, each with different price points. In the
              January/February issue of Ztrack will be the preregistration flyer. It is critical
              that we get these back so we can gauge the number of people coming to the
              event. A copy will also be posted on the Ztrack web site for those who are not
              Ztrack subscribers.

              Rob Kluz

              Rob Kluz

              Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              6142 Northcliff Blvd.
              Dublin, OH 43016
              phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
              www.ztrack.com

            • John Duino
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                >> Not to worry, Ed. Z-Scalers don't take up much space. <smile>
                >>
                >> Bill K.
                >> Houston

                If my math is right, about 1/48400'th the space
                or
                1 / 10,648,000'th the volume!

                So, in theory, if the room should hold 80 normally, that would mean it can
                handle 3,872,000 Z-heads!!

                See...plenty of room! :)

                (Okay, I'm good at math but bad at theory :)

                John
              • Edward Scullin
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                  Especially since my wife has me on a diet. Have lost 6 pounds since
                  the first of the year. I hate it when she makes resolutions.
                  Ed S

                  http://my.yahoo.com