Re: MTL GP35 and track bottom close ups

  • bscaro
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      Great to see. I imagine this chassis could be the basis of a number
      of diesels. How much longer is a GP35 than a GP30 ? Or a GP20 or
      GP9 ?

      Cheers

      Ben

      > Here are the two hi-rez photos taken at West Springfield:
      >
      > Attention: these files are ~500K

    • harold grady
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
        Great photos. I can't hardly wait. The natural
        assumption
        would be since they have the chassis already developed
        is
        that we could be enjoying this beautiful locomotive
        maybe mid-summer or even a tad before (smile).
        But anyways folks save all your rogue gp38 shells
        cause there is going to be a whole lot of kitbashing
        going on. Me myself am itching to do a gp60 and a
        gp40.
        Harold Grady
        --- bscaro <bscaro@...> wrote:

        > Great to see. I imagine this chassis could be the
        > basis of a number
        > of diesels. How much longer is a GP35 than a GP30 ?
        > Or a GP20 or
        > GP9 ?
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Ben
        >

        > > Here are the two hi-rez photos taken at West
        > Springfield:
        > >
        > > Attention: these files are ~500K

        http://my.yahoo.com
      • loren snyder
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
          x harold grady <butch60619@y...> wrote:
          > Great photos. I can't hardly wait. The natural
          > assumption
          > would be since they have the chassis already developed
          > is
          > that we could be enjoying this beautiful locomotive
          > maybe mid-summer or even a tad before (smile).
          > But anyways folks save all your rogue gp38 shells
          > cause there is going to be a whole lot of kitbashing
          > going on. Me myself am itching to do a gp60 and a
          > gp40.
          > Harold Grady
          xx
          Harold and all who eagerly await the GP35,
          Today I had occasion to go to MTL and take a first hand look at not
          only the chassis of the GP35, but also the shell. Remember that
          saying "Try it..you'll like"? Well, I'm here to tell you all that
          we are all going to like it very much. Very much
          indeed!! I visited with Joe, one of MTL's chief
          engineers, and he ran the chassis for me and allowed me to take
          close up photos of the
          chassis, but he asked me not to show them until this
          weekend,....why, I don't know, but I must honor his
          request. He was going to allow me to take some pictures of
          the shell, but changed his mind at the last minute. That's ok, Joe
          and the rest of the MTL staff have very good reasons for doing and
          saying what they do I'm sure. Seems a little strange not to want
          the photos shown quite yet, since several folks have already viewed
          the chassis in action.
          I will agree with Jeffrey, who saw the chassis run at last week
          end's train show, she is a smooth runner, and Joe said the one I was
          watching was NOT the quiet one. Are you kidding? We are going to
          like it very much when it finally comes out. Of course, the release
          date is still up in the air as well as the road names, but Joe said
          that they hope to have several to run at NTS 2005.
          The body is still missing the cab area, which is still being
          machined and whatever else they have to do to it. It looks to me
          like the 35 is going to be a very hot item, and here's hoping that
          this fall sees a lot more than just leaves fall Maybe we will all
          have a little GP35 fall into our hands. I'll post the close ups of
          the chassis this weekend under Z Train Things photo folder. Loren