RE: [Z_Scale] The New MTL track--radius anyone??

  • frmerkle
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
      Does anyone have any idea what the radius of the MTL track was that they
      saw? Does anyone know if MTL will be coming out with nice big radii
      choices?
      FM

    • bscaro
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
        Great to see. I imagine this chassis could be the basis of a number
        of diesels. How much longer is a GP35 than a GP30 ? Or a GP20 or
        GP9 ?

        Cheers

        Ben

        > Here are the two hi-rez photos taken at West Springfield:
        >
        > Attention: these files are ~500K

      • harold grady
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
          Great photos. I can't hardly wait. The natural
          assumption
          would be since they have the chassis already developed
          is
          that we could be enjoying this beautiful locomotive
          maybe mid-summer or even a tad before (smile).
          But anyways folks save all your rogue gp38 shells
          cause there is going to be a whole lot of kitbashing
          going on. Me myself am itching to do a gp60 and a
          gp40.
          Harold Grady
          --- bscaro <bscaro@...> wrote:

          > Great to see. I imagine this chassis could be the
          > basis of a number
          > of diesels. How much longer is a GP35 than a GP30 ?
          > Or a GP20 or
          > GP9 ?
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Ben
          >

          > > Here are the two hi-rez photos taken at West
          > Springfield:
          > >
          > > Attention: these files are ~500K

          http://my.yahoo.com
        • loren snyder
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
            x harold grady <butch60619@y...> wrote:
            > Great photos. I can't hardly wait. The natural
            > assumption
            > would be since they have the chassis already developed
            > is
            > that we could be enjoying this beautiful locomotive
            > maybe mid-summer or even a tad before (smile).
            > But anyways folks save all your rogue gp38 shells
            > cause there is going to be a whole lot of kitbashing
            > going on. Me myself am itching to do a gp60 and a
            > gp40.
            > Harold Grady
            xx
            Harold and all who eagerly await the GP35,
            Today I had occasion to go to MTL and take a first hand look at not
            only the chassis of the GP35, but also the shell. Remember that
            saying "Try it..you'll like"? Well, I'm here to tell you all that
            we are all going to like it very much. Very much
            indeed!! I visited with Joe, one of MTL's chief
            engineers, and he ran the chassis for me and allowed me to take
            close up photos of the
            chassis, but he asked me not to show them until this
            weekend,....why, I don't know, but I must honor his
            request. He was going to allow me to take some pictures of
            the shell, but changed his mind at the last minute. That's ok, Joe
            and the rest of the MTL staff have very good reasons for doing and
            saying what they do I'm sure. Seems a little strange not to want
            the photos shown quite yet, since several folks have already viewed
            the chassis in action.
            I will agree with Jeffrey, who saw the chassis run at last week
            end's train show, she is a smooth runner, and Joe said the one I was
            watching was NOT the quiet one. Are you kidding? We are going to
            like it very much when it finally comes out. Of course, the release
            date is still up in the air as well as the road names, but Joe said
            that they hope to have several to run at NTS 2005.
            The body is still missing the cab area, which is still being
            machined and whatever else they have to do to it. It looks to me
            like the 35 is going to be a very hot item, and here's hoping that
            this fall sees a lot more than just leaves fall Maybe we will all
            have a little GP35 fall into our hands. I'll post the close ups of
            the chassis this weekend under Z Train Things photo folder. Loren