Will one fine American help out this dumb Canuck?

  • omg_joel
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 31, 2005
      Mtl says on their website that the show is in Cinncinatti. I thought it was in Columbus. Are these twin cities or something? Sorry about my American geographical ignorance, and thanks

      Regards , Joel

    • Loren Snyder
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 31, 2005
        Joel, Subject: [Z_Scale] Will one fine American help out this dumb Canuck?

      • zbendtrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 31, 2005
          ljsnyder@... writes:

          > Will one fine American help out this dumb Canuck?

          Go to www.mapquest.com and under "maps" enter Columbus, Ohio

          When the map comes up, click on two levels higher up.

          You'll see both cities and the surrounding areas.

          If you click on the highest level, you'll get a rendering of planet earth. <
          smile>

          Hope this helps.
          Bill K.
          Houston

        • Dave Hjortnaes
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 31, 2005
            Dear Joel,

            The Z scale convention put together by Z track magazine and lots of
            work by Rob Kluz will be in Columbus, Ohio on July 5-6. The NMRA
            convention which includes the NTS (National Train Show) is in
            Cincinatti the same week. The NTS part of the convention is the 8-
            10th. Columbus and Cincinnatti are about 100 miles apart.

            Dave
          • ztrack@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 31, 2005
              Columbus and Cincinnati are two hours apart. During the week, there will be
              two conventions, one being the Z scale convention in Columbus Ohio on July 5th
              and 6th. During the same week, the NMRA will be hosting their convention in
              Cincinnati. One July 7th, we will be leaving Columbus to take part in the
              National Train Show. During the NTS, the world's largest Z scale layout will be
              assembled. This will be amazing. For a great week of Z scale, plan on attending
              both events!

              Here are some highlights for Columbus:

              Seminars and clinics hosted by: David George, Rob Allbritton, Jeffrey MacHan,
              Terry Sutfin, Jim Schiff, Bill Kronenberger and yours truly, Rob Kluz.
              Marklin representative Riley O'Connor will be in attendance. Riley is the author of
              "A Greensburg Guide to Märklin Z". Layout tours of noted Z scale layouts by
              Jim Thomas, Rich Petruska, Rob Kluz and others. Also expect door prizes and a
              gift bag that should make any Z scaler very happy!

              More information on the Columbus convention can be found at:

              http://www.ztrains.com/pages/ancillary/convention/convention.html
              or
              http://www.ztrack.com/asrtpgs/Columbus_2005_Convention.html

              Rob Kluz

              Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              6142 Northcliff Blvd.
              Dublin, OH 43016
              phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
              www.ztrack.com

            • Edward Scullin
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                Rob etal
                I am wondering if the Depot will be big enough. It says 40 people
                for a convention/conference and about 80 for an "informal" setting.
                If we break into two or thee rooms for teh work sessions will it be
                able to handle us?
                Other than that it looks like an ideal venue for a train related
                meeting .
                Just a question
                Ed Scullin
                PS are you dong something for a block of rooms, or should we try on
                our own? If on our own, any recommedations for convinence etc.
                Ed S

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                  Ed:

                  > It says 40 people
                  > for a convention/conference and about 80 for an "informal" setting.

                  Not to worry, Ed. Z-Scalers don't take up much space. <smile>

                  Bill K.
                  Houston

                • Loren Snyder
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                    Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Space for all Zeds to hang out

                    > Not to worry, Ed. Z-Scalers don't take up much space. <smile>
                    >
                    > Bill K.
                    > Houston

                    Bill, While it is true that
                    Z-Scalers don't take up much space, it is also true that Z-Scalers think
                    BIG.......and therein could lie the problem !!!! Aren't we trying to take
                    over the world in a manner of speaking? Question to ask yourself....."How
                    many Z-Scalers can fit on the head of a pin"? Answer......."As many as
                    you want....because we get the point"! Maybe Rob will have us draw
                    numbers to see who gets to sit and who gets to stand. No matter what, it is
                    going to be one grand time.......where does the line form? Looking
                    forward a whole bunch.
                  • Don
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                      Umm, a couple I have seen might come in as "G" or maybe "O" on an
                      inhale.

                      Don
                      Akron, Ohio - USA

                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                        Don't worry, we have it covered.

                        The depot has conference rooms which we will be utilizing. When you receive
                        the official registration form, you will be asked to select a clinic/seminar
                        from a choice of two for each time block. This way, we can allocate people to
                        rooms. If we do have a very large turnout, we will offer three sessions instead
                        of two. If need be, we will rent tents to accommodate everyone for lunch and
                        for common discussions.

                        With your official registration packet, we will include a listing of hotels.
                        We are looking at three choices, each with different price points. In the
                        January/February issue of Ztrack will be the preregistration flyer. It is critical
                        that we get these back so we can gauge the number of people coming to the
                        event. A copy will also be posted on the Ztrack web site for those who are not
                        Ztrack subscribers.

                        Rob Kluz

                        Rob Kluz

                        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                        Dublin, OH 43016
                        phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                        www.ztrack.com

                      • John Duino
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                          >> Not to worry, Ed. Z-Scalers don't take up much space. <smile>
                          >>
                          >> Bill K.
                          >> Houston

                          If my math is right, about 1/48400'th the space
                          or
                          1 / 10,648,000'th the volume!

                          So, in theory, if the room should hold 80 normally, that would mean it can
                          handle 3,872,000 Z-heads!!

                          See...plenty of room! :)

                          (Okay, I'm good at math but bad at theory :)

                          John
                        • Edward Scullin
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 1, 2005
                            Especially since my wife has me on a diet. Have lost 6 pounds since
                            the first of the year. I hate it when she makes resolutions.
                            Ed S

                            http://my.yahoo.com