MTL GP35 and track bottom close ups

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
      Here are the two hi-rez photos taken at West Springfield:

      Attention: these files are ~500K

    • Tom Fisher
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
        What does the roadbed appear to be made of?

        --- Jeffrey MacHan <jmac_han@...> wrote:

        > Here are the two hi-rez photos taken at West
        > Springfield:
        >
        > Attention: these files are ~500K

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
      • Jeffrey MacHan
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
          It is injected molded plastic.

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Tom Fisher <tfisher10@y...> wrote:
          > What does the roadbed appear to be made of?

        • frmerkle
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
            Does anyone have any idea what the radius of the MTL track was that they
            saw? Does anyone know if MTL will be coming out with nice big radii
            choices?
            FM

          • bscaro
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
              Great to see. I imagine this chassis could be the basis of a number
              of diesels. How much longer is a GP35 than a GP30 ? Or a GP20 or
              GP9 ?

              Cheers

              Ben

              > Here are the two hi-rez photos taken at West Springfield:
              >
              > Attention: these files are ~500K

            • harold grady
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
                Great photos. I can't hardly wait. The natural
                assumption
                would be since they have the chassis already developed
                is
                that we could be enjoying this beautiful locomotive
                maybe mid-summer or even a tad before (smile).
                But anyways folks save all your rogue gp38 shells
                cause there is going to be a whole lot of kitbashing
                going on. Me myself am itching to do a gp60 and a
                gp40.
                Harold Grady
                --- bscaro <bscaro@...> wrote:

                > Great to see. I imagine this chassis could be the
                > basis of a number
                > of diesels. How much longer is a GP35 than a GP30 ?
                > Or a GP20 or
                > GP9 ?
                >
                > Cheers
                >
                > Ben
                >

                > > Here are the two hi-rez photos taken at West
                > Springfield:
                > >
                > > Attention: these files are ~500K

                http://my.yahoo.com
              • loren snyder
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
                  x harold grady <butch60619@y...> wrote:
                  > Great photos. I can't hardly wait. The natural
                  > assumption
                  > would be since they have the chassis already developed
                  > is
                  > that we could be enjoying this beautiful locomotive
                  > maybe mid-summer or even a tad before (smile).
                  > But anyways folks save all your rogue gp38 shells
                  > cause there is going to be a whole lot of kitbashing
                  > going on. Me myself am itching to do a gp60 and a
                  > gp40.
                  > Harold Grady
                  xx
                  Harold and all who eagerly await the GP35,
                  Today I had occasion to go to MTL and take a first hand look at not
                  only the chassis of the GP35, but also the shell. Remember that
                  saying "Try it..you'll like"? Well, I'm here to tell you all that
                  we are all going to like it very much. Very much
                  indeed!! I visited with Joe, one of MTL's chief
                  engineers, and he ran the chassis for me and allowed me to take
                  close up photos of the
                  chassis, but he asked me not to show them until this
                  weekend,....why, I don't know, but I must honor his
                  request. He was going to allow me to take some pictures of
                  the shell, but changed his mind at the last minute. That's ok, Joe
                  and the rest of the MTL staff have very good reasons for doing and
                  saying what they do I'm sure. Seems a little strange not to want
                  the photos shown quite yet, since several folks have already viewed
                  the chassis in action.
                  I will agree with Jeffrey, who saw the chassis run at last week
                  end's train show, she is a smooth runner, and Joe said the one I was
                  watching was NOT the quiet one. Are you kidding? We are going to
                  like it very much when it finally comes out. Of course, the release
                  date is still up in the air as well as the road names, but Joe said
                  that they hope to have several to run at NTS 2005.
                  The body is still missing the cab area, which is still being
                  machined and whatever else they have to do to it. It looks to me
                  like the 35 is going to be a very hot item, and here's hoping that
                  this fall sees a lot more than just leaves fall Maybe we will all
                  have a little GP35 fall into our hands. I'll post the close ups of
                  the chassis this weekend under Z Train Things photo folder. Loren