Painting Question

  • Tina Fraser
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2005
      Okay okay. Now that I have to "live up to expectations" per Loren, I
      have a question.

      For painting/detailing the metal cars (non-train, VW Bugs exactly),
      should I use Testors paints or are my acrylic miniature paints okay
      for doing so? I have some limited Testors paints and cleaner,
      because I have a car model that is still in the box from years ago
      that I have to put together too. My miniature paints are from
      Citadel and a couple other companies like Howard Hues.

      Also, since the windows are painted the same color (red, blue, black,
      grey), what color is suggested to make them at least somewhat look
      like real glass? I am painting the wheels, the trim, and doing some
      fine detailing to highlight the doors, hood, and trunk as well. I
      think I may even try to spatter mud on a couple around the wheel
      wells. We will see. I have some other cars on order, but I have a
      feeling they will need touch ups too.

      Thanks for the answers!