Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Also new for Christmas

  • Peter Ibbotson
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 5, 2005
      >--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arno Bekers" <abekers@y...> wrote:
      >> But it is a pity Marklin changed brown and red wires
      >> somewhere in the last years
      >
      >This seems to be one of the great mysteries of miniClub! When I wrote
      >my Wiring document I was as surprised as anyone that the red wire
      >turned out to be negative. I was using my white Märklin controller to
      >check what I wrote. Since then I have heard that there was a
      >manufacturing glitch which caused the red and brown terminals to be
      >reversed - and that it has now been corrected. Can anyone confirm this
      >rumour? Jeremy.

      I don't know if it's been corrected BUT the "brown" controller I have is
      back to front to the two white ones I have. They also have different output
      wave forms when looked at on a scope. The brown version also "matches" the
      documentation.

      To be honest since I'm part way down the going DCC route I'm not that
      bothered. I just need to sort out what the problem is with reading values
      back from a CTElektronic decoder (I have a cunning plan but the room where
      the workbench is currently occupied so I've been doing plan designs on
      computer)

      --
      Work peteri@... | remove magic word .org to reply
      Home peter@... | I own the domain but theres no MX