Answers from FR

  • FR.model@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2005
      Harold,

      F40PH shell

      We replace damaged shells for our R-T-R locos only.
      In case of damage one can send us the shell (or to our American customers service)
      and get a replacement. If there is an accident with the customer's paint job with our
      #ZF120a undecorated model we replace the shell at no cost. For painted and printed
      shells we charge EURO 45.00 (Caltrain)
      To the empty unpainted shell is not included:
      - window glassing
      - lighting interior
      - air horn
      - front snow plow
      - rear porch
      - door steps
      - assembly fixture to the chassis
      These parts are separate or included to the chassis. We see no serious reason to
      sell empty shells separate since it is useless for any purpose except making a F40PH.
      Therefor we offer the R-T-R loco.

      Grain Hopper

      I already regret the decission for the PS-2cd grain hopper. But now it is ready
      tooled up and we will start to make it in February. We just met the minimum preorder
      quantity for the Santa Fe and BNSF version. There is also an order from Ztrack
      magazine for D&RGW (Ztrack subscriber car 2005). All other versions we have moved
      to the back burner. In this situation I presently don't think about new car styles
      for American Z-scale.

      Cheers,
      Harald

      --
      FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK
      Harald Freudenreich

      phone: +49 38209 49160 fax: 49161 e-mail: FR.model@... internet: www.fr-model.de
    • Randy Smidt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2005
        Harald,

        By "in this situation" do you mean the current state of the dollar vs. the Euro and that hopefully that will change in the future. I know you had trouble selling kits rather than R-T-R in the past, but perhaps this would be a good time to reintroduce kits. I for one had just saved up enough money to purchase a bunch of your kits a while back (based on 2001/2002 print catalog that I had) and when I went to the website to order, they were no longer offered as kits (pretty much the only way I can afford FR products at present). I eventually did manage to literally save up enough lunch money to buy the NS CoalPorter offered by ZTrack, but that was instead of 3 kits.

        I know running a business is tough and you have to do what you can make money on, but I really hope you will do more American prototype products and as kits.

        Thanks,
        Randy Smidt
        Springfield, VA