Re: [Z_Scale] Time for something new

  • Michael Hilliard
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2 5:46 PM
      Just a quicky, be sure to send air mail and if you fill out a unnessasary customs form for a airmail padded envelope, mark the boxes for 0 $ value and a gift. Gets there best without customs hassles, but if they, the P.O., says you have to fill out a customs form, not true for 1 oz. or less and passes customes eaisily. Cost? $1.60.

      Michael Hilliard

      Edward Scullin <sculline@...> wrote:
      John
      Provide me with your address (off the group) and i will send you a
      couple of packs of Micro trains rail joiners. I have some spares.
      Ed Scullin
      scullin e @ yahoo. com (remove spaces

      --- jwa172001 <jwa172001@...> wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > I have been showing my Z gauge briefcase layout (Noch) for a year
      > now
      > at various exhibitions around Ireland and would like to move on to
      > switching layout using the Deluxe Controller that I have ordered.
      >
      > My main problem is designing a small switching layout plan using
      > the
      > available turnouts made by Marklin. Having looked at Micro layouts
      > on
      > the net (http://carendt.us/index.html) and using the turnouts that
      > have (One left, 1 right and a crossover) can someone help me to
      > design
      > a small shelf switching layout?
      >
      > I will be using Microtrains track and magnets (I need to get some
      > of
      > Microtrains metal rail joiners but nobody in the UK stocks them
      > and
      > the cost of shipping a packet from the States is expensive).
      >
      > If possible I would like the layout to be on a board that measures
      > 36*
      > 9ins or less.
      >
      > There are only one or two Z scale layouts on show at exhibitions in
      > Ireland, so by
      > adding a switching layout this may encourage more people to this
      > excellent scale of model railroading. .
      >
      > I hope someone can help.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > John Adams