Re: Also new for Christmas

  • Ellen
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 1, 2005
      Solvej

      I began with my first layout with this group and they worked me
      through wiring and on to soldering. I knew little about either until
      I started Zing--so if I can learn--you can too. The guys here are
      very patient with all our questions--and answer all of them--even if
      they have been asked before.

      Good Luck
      Ellen
      Indianapolis

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Solvej Rolin" <rolin@a...> wrote:
      > Hi Jeremy
      >
      > Thanks for the link!
      >
      > I have printet it out, and will see if I can figure it out, I don't
      know the
      > words in Danish, so it will probably be a little hard to figure out
      what it
      > is in English, but I WILL learn :o) It will hopefully be easier
      when I start
      > the acutall building. I will try and build a simple track on a
      wooden board
      > to begin with, to get some experience, but my first big goal is to
      build
      > something in a briefcase, that I can bring along.
      >
      > Solvej
      >

      > I posted something a while back that you could try, although it may
      > not start at the right place for you:

      > You are welcome to email me if you have any questions. Jeremy.

    • Uwe Liermann
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 2, 2005
        Hej Solvej,

        > I am a nurse and often work weekends, afternoons etc, and it can be
        > very difficult to find time to go to the shops when they are open.

        If your time allows for it, you could join one of the two weekly chat
        sessions. One is on Wednesday for a voice chat (but I can't get it
        working on this end, so I'm not sure about times), and the other one
        is on Sunday from 19:00 Danish/German time with an open end :-)

        --
        GreetingZ
        Uwe
        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 5, 2005
          -

          > My biggest problem right now is that I am a electronic-imbecil and not
          > NOTHING about these things, I could really use an "electronics for
          dummies"
          --
          Same here. But I follow the instructions from Maerklin 0299
          (Gleisanlagenbuch, clear introduction in connections etc.) and 07770

          Arno
        • Jeremy Brandon
          Message 4 of 30 , Jan 5, 2005
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arno Bekers" <abekers@y...> wrote:
            > But it is a pity Marklin changed brown and red wires
            > somewhere in the last years

            This seems to be one of the great mysteries of miniClub! When I wrote
            my Wiring document I was as surprised as anyone that the red wire
            turned out to be negative. I was using my white Märklin controller to
            check what I wrote. Since then I have heard that there was a
            manufacturing glitch which caused the red and brown terminals to be
            reversed - and that it has now been corrected. Can anyone confirm this
            rumour? Jeremy.
          • Peter Ibbotson
            Message 5 of 30 , Jan 5, 2005
              >--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arno Bekers" <abekers@y...> wrote:
              >> But it is a pity Marklin changed brown and red wires
              >> somewhere in the last years
              >
              >This seems to be one of the great mysteries of miniClub! When I wrote
              >my Wiring document I was as surprised as anyone that the red wire
              >turned out to be negative. I was using my white Märklin controller to
              >check what I wrote. Since then I have heard that there was a
              >manufacturing glitch which caused the red and brown terminals to be
              >reversed - and that it has now been corrected. Can anyone confirm this
              >rumour? Jeremy.

              I don't know if it's been corrected BUT the "brown" controller I have is
              back to front to the two white ones I have. They also have different output
              wave forms when looked at on a scope. The brown version also "matches" the
              documentation.

              To be honest since I'm part way down the going DCC route I'm not that
              bothered. I just need to sort out what the problem is with reading values
              back from a CTElektronic decoder (I have a cunning plan but the room where
              the workbench is currently occupied so I've been doing plan designs on
              computer)

              --
              Work peteri@... | remove magic word .org to reply
              Home peter@... | I own the domain but theres no MX