Re: [Z_Scale] Re: looking for alternate mfr’s to marklin

  • Tom Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
      There's also the following in the USA:

      Robt. Ray's cars at

      http://www.featherrivertrains.com/

      Lajos Thek's German electric freight car, proposed SW
      switcher kit(when will it be ready?), and other
      products at

      http://www.zthek.com/index.htm

      Future releases at

      http://www.smallscalelogistics.com/zscale.html

      [Small Scale may have had a swithcher shell, but maybe
      it was someone else.]

      and at

      http://www.mark4design.com/index.html

      If I missed someone, my apologies.

      There are also European manufacturers other than
      Marklin:

      http://www.hecklkleinserien.de/index.htm

      http://www.heico-modell.de/start.html

      http://www.jann-modell.de/

      http://www.mikkelsen.ch/index_en.htm

      http://www.saller-modelle.de/main.htm

      http://www.westmodel.de/index.html

      There may be more, but I don't follow Euro trains
      though I do admire them.

      I know that there's at least one UK product, but I
      can't find the link just now.

      There seems to be some Japanese products, but they are
      pretty much a mystery to me. AFAIK, they are based on
      Japanese prototypes.

      Edited from sgt_tim7 <sgt_tim1@...>

      [snip]

      Marklin

      Micro-Trains

      American Z Line (AZL)

      Swiss Z Line SZL)

      PennZee

      FR in Germany - Plus Uncle Will's special issues.

      Victoria RR - Victoria has not been answering email
      and hasn't released its product.

      AZL/SZL - http://www.ztrack.com/

      PennZee - Plus Uncle Will's special issues.

      http://www.modellbahnott.com/marklinhomepage/pennzee/index.html
      and at several other vendors.

      FR - http://www.fr-model.de/

      Victoria _ http://www.victoriarr.com/

      http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
    • Kirk Reynolds
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
        Thank you Tom for all your help.
        There seems to be a lot...and there
        seems to be a little...Thank you very
        much for providing all those links.
        It�s been a fun search thus far,
        thanks to you...where there is something
        cool, it is trully great!

        Look forward to learning more
        and greatly appreciate your help.

        Best wishes,

        KIRK REYNOLDS
        126 Walnut Street
        South Portland, ME 04106
      • Kirk Reynolds
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
          Dear Tim,

          Thanks so much for all your help.
          You�ve given me a good start,
          and I see it will not be a simple matter
          to stop! Maybe that is a good thing!

          With all best wishes to you in 05!

          KIRK REYNOLDS
          126 Walnut Street