Re: looking for alternate mfr’s to marklin

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
      Kirk,
      I know of a few. Marklin and Micro-Trains are the two largest. The
      others are American Z Line (AZL), Swiss Z Line (SZL), PennZee, FR in
      Germany, and the Victoria RR.

      AZL/SZL - http://www.ztrack.com/
      PennZee -
      http://www.modellbahnott.com/marklinhomepage/pennzee/index.html
      FR - http://www.fr-model.de/
      Victoria _ http://www.victoriarr.com/

      I know their are a few others, but not much. The good thing is
      We "Z" are growing! I know others will add to this post so i will
      end my part here.

      Welcome Aboard Kirk, have a Happy New Year!

      Tim
    • Tom Fisher
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
        There's also the following in the USA:

        Robt. Ray's cars at

        http://www.featherrivertrains.com/

        Lajos Thek's German electric freight car, proposed SW
        switcher kit(when will it be ready?), and other
        products at

        http://www.zthek.com/index.htm

        Future releases at

        http://www.smallscalelogistics.com/zscale.html

        [Small Scale may have had a swithcher shell, but maybe
        it was someone else.]

        and at

        http://www.mark4design.com/index.html

        If I missed someone, my apologies.

        There are also European manufacturers other than
        Marklin:

        http://www.hecklkleinserien.de/index.htm

        http://www.heico-modell.de/start.html

        http://www.jann-modell.de/

        http://www.mikkelsen.ch/index_en.htm

        http://www.saller-modelle.de/main.htm

        http://www.westmodel.de/index.html

        There may be more, but I don't follow Euro trains
        though I do admire them.

        I know that there's at least one UK product, but I
        can't find the link just now.

        There seems to be some Japanese products, but they are
        pretty much a mystery to me. AFAIK, they are based on
        Japanese prototypes.

        Edited from sgt_tim7 <sgt_tim1@...>

        [snip]

        Marklin

        Micro-Trains

        American Z Line (AZL)

        Swiss Z Line SZL)

        PennZee

        FR in Germany - Plus Uncle Will's special issues.

        Victoria RR - Victoria has not been answering email
        and hasn't released its product.

        AZL/SZL - http://www.ztrack.com/

        PennZee - Plus Uncle Will's special issues.

        http://www.modellbahnott.com/marklinhomepage/pennzee/index.html
        and at several other vendors.

        FR - http://www.fr-model.de/

        Victoria _ http://www.victoriarr.com/

        http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
      • Kirk Reynolds
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
          Thank you Tom for all your help.
          There seems to be a lot...and there
          seems to be a little...Thank you very
          much for providing all those links.
          It�s been a fun search thus far,
          thanks to you...where there is something
          cool, it is trully great!

          Look forward to learning more
          and greatly appreciate your help.

          Best wishes,

          KIRK REYNOLDS
          126 Walnut Street
          South Portland, ME 04106
        • Kirk Reynolds
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
            Dear Tim,

            Thanks so much for all your help.
            You�ve given me a good start,
            and I see it will not be a simple matter
            to stop! Maybe that is a good thing!

            With all best wishes to you in 05!

            KIRK REYNOLDS
            126 Walnut Street