Steam Locos for 2005!

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2005
      I know 2005 is going to be a great year in Z with all the new items
      coming out. Especially with growing numbers of Locomotives coming
      available. As far as Steam, and besides the "cab-forward" AZL, is
      their any others proposed to be available in 2005? From what I have
      seen with all the availibility out their, the Atchison Topeka &
      Santa Fe railroad has been yet to be produced in Z scale steam! Am
      I right or wrong? Here's another question; how many of you
      dedicated Z'ers model AT&SF steam era? Look forward to hearing from
      you!

      Tim
    • Yuji Kuwabara
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2005
        Hello,

        > From what I have
        > seen with all the availibility out their, the Atchison Topeka &
        > Santa Fe railroad has been yet to be produced in Z scale steam! Am
        > I right or wrong?

        Marklin produced special item 88807B, ATSF Mikado with a caboose, in
        few years ago.

        Regards.

        Yuji Kuwabara
      • sgt_tim7
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2005
          If this is true, everyone who has it, the ATSF Mikado w/Caboose, is
          holding on to them as though they are diamonds. I have yet to see
          any ATSF steam, especially on the most traded place on earth, e*ay.
          Does anyone in this group have a Mikado ATSF from Marklin?
          Tim

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Yuji Kuwabara <HHG01200@n...> wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > > From what I have
          > > seen with all the availibility out their, the Atchison Topeka &
          > > Santa Fe railroad has been yet to be produced in Z scale steam!
          Am
          > > I right or wrong?
          >
          > Marklin produced special item 88807B, ATSF Mikado with a caboose,
          in
          > few years ago.
          >

          > Regards.
          >
          > Yuji Kuwabara
        • SMB Service AS v/Tor-Jørgen Moskaug
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2005
            Hi.
            Are you talking about this one?
            http://194.143.113.189/tjm/modelltog/Z-Scala/2004-03-28-MJF-V%c3%a5rslepp2004
            /pages/HPIM3488-mjf.htm
            More pictures here
            http://194.143.113.189/tjm/modelltog/Z-Scala/2004-03-28-MJF-V%c3%a5rslepp2004
            /index.htm

            The owner of thees lokos is Svein-Martin Holt from Norway.
            http://www.platelayer.com/index_e.htm

            Regard Torsja - Norway
            http://194.143.113.189/tjm/
            <http://194.143.113.189/tjm/modelltog/Z-Scala/2004-03-28-MJF-V%c3%a5rslepp200
            4/pages/HPIM3488-mjf.htm>

            If this is true, everyone who has it, the ATSF Mikado w/Caboose, is
            holding on to them as though they are diamonds. I have yet to see
            any ATSF steam, especially on the most traded place on earth, e*ay.
            Does anyone in this group have a Mikado ATSF from Marklin?
            Tim

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Yuji Kuwabara <HHG01200@n...> wrote:
            > Hello,
            >
            > > From what I have
            > > seen with all the availibility out their, the Atchison Topeka &
            > > Santa Fe railroad has been yet to be produced in Z scale steam!
            Am
            > > I right or wrong?
            >
            > Marklin produced special item 88807B, ATSF Mikado with a caboose,
            in
            > few years ago.
            >

            > Regards.
            >
            > Yuji Kuwabara

          • frmerkle
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2005
              I had one of them two years ago during my 3rd orbit in Z but then I sold it
              to my trainstoreguy and then he sold it to someone else. I too have never
              seen one them since!! It was a nice set!!
              FM

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 3, 2005
                Steam Locos representing the Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe
                railroad!!!!!!!
              • ronrbr
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 3, 2005
                  --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:

                  > Steam Locos representing the Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe
                  > railroad!!!!!!!

                  No, Tim, this is not an urban myth. They really do exist! I have
                  posted a couple of pictures in the photo album "Santa Fe Steamer".

                  If you want a larger copy than can be posted to the album, let me
                  know and I'll forward it off list.

                  Ron Ratliff
                  Richmond, Tx.
                • sgt_tim7
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 3, 2005
                    Well, I am in shock here. I stand amazed at the fact that Marklin
                    has produced a steamer in the AT&SF roadname. It is my guess that
                    Marklin didn't make many though or that they are so loved that no
                    one wants to get rid of them. That is ok. Not that I can afford
                    one right now. My railroading interest lean toward the AT&SF.
                    As a kid, I had a set of tracks near my house. My friends and I
                    would play near them. If a train came it was either a SP with loads
                    of Cotton Belt rolling stock of AT&SF. Unfortunatley SP no longer
                    exists. For that fact, AT&SF either. That's ok too.
                    Ron, thanks for the photos. I am a believer now.

                    Tim