Happy Noo Year, GalZ 'n GuyZ!!!

  • jim_manley_alpha_six
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2005
      GreetingZ 16 HourZ into the Noo Year Everyone!!!

      We're so laid back here on the WeZt CoaZt of the U.EZZ. that we wait
      for moZt of the reZt of the planet'Z inhabitantZ to try doing Ztuff,
      and then we Zcramble to come up with Zomething Completely Different,
      and very occaZionally, Better. However, in thiZ caZe, we've been
      Zelebrating along with everyone ZinZe midnight croZZed the
      International HouZe of PancakeZ Dateline. We can only hope that some
      lonely CoaZt GuardZmen or EZkimo/Aleut in the Aleutian IslandZ, or a
      Pacific Islander in Oceania, waZ enjoying running a new Z scale train
      under a tree or other appropriate decoration on thiZ happy occaZion,
      and having aZ much fun aZ the reZt of uZ do (or are dreaming of doing,
      when we've got our layoutZ in a more complete state). My, but iZn't
      thiZ juZt the beZt hobby in the whole world?

      At the same time, let's pause for more than a moment in remembrance of
      those unfortunate people on the other side of the globe, one of whom
      may be our very own Jimmy Guiterrez of the Bay Area Z Modules group,
      who left for several weeks' vacation in Thailand and India a couple of
      weeks ago. We've got a caboose parked on a siding while we wait to
      hear from him, and our prayers go out to his other family and friends
      that he has survived unscathed.

      All Z BeZt, to All of You and YourZ, aZ AlwayZ,

      Jim and the reZt of the BAZtahdZ