Making grass stick?

  • loren snyder
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
      Just sitting here thinking about some natural rock work I saw today
      with lots of grass and weeds growing on the vertical sides. Got me
      to wondering what some of you have done to make grass stick on
      the "vertical".
      Is this a case for "static grass"? Or-------tongue in cheek, put
      your layout on it's side and then glue the grass on?
      Kind of puts a different slant to it doesn't it !! Pondering on
      grass.(unleaded that is) Loren
    • frmerkle
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
        And if the grass is "just" statically attached to the layout, wouldn't that
        be problematic if it became de-statized and then ended up being drawn up
        into the engine mechanisms of the engines? Just curious...... Or is it
        meant to be glued down at some point? Maybe I am missing the point of
        static grass....
        FM
        Just sitting here thinking about some natural rock work I saw today
        with lots of grass and weeds growing on the vertical sides. Got me
        to wondering what some of you have done to make grass stick on
        the "vertical".
        Is this a case for "static grass"? Or-------tongue in cheek, put
        your layout on it's side and then glue the grass on?
        Kind of puts a different slant to it doesn't it !! Pondering on
        grass.(unleaded that is) Loren

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Don
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
          I saw something somewhere where the grass was placed on your hand or
          sheet of paper and a straw was used to LIGHTLY blow the grass onto the
          rock that had been previously lightly "painted" with glue such as
          Elmer's/water 50-50. I would think you could also do this statically if
          you wanted, but don't forget you are in Z not HO and at some point you
          may not see much gain for all your effort. I'd try blowing the grass on
          first and see what it looks like before getting into some sort of a
          static setup. ...down a few drinks first and you'll be "charged"...

          Don Avila