Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Märklin-style MTL couplers

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2004
      --- scottmellon2002 <scottmellon2002@...> a
      écrit :

      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Lattimore"
      > <Lattimor@H...>
      > wrote:
      > > After sifting
      > > all I have read, I'm inclined to change the AZL
      > equipment from
      > regular
      > > MTL couplers to Märklin-style MTL couplers - but
      > the latter get a
      > > terrible review from the indispensible "Do it
      > yourself in Z
      > scale."
      >
      > > Thanks again,
      > > Steve
      >
      > Does Marklin sell couplers or do I need to buy a car
      > and remove one?
      > I read the same "Do it yourself" article and am
      > thinking of
      > converting one car to have one of each coupler
      > (Marklin and AZL).
      >
      > Oh, Hi, I'm new, btw.
      >
      > Scott

      Guys, myself I'm not yet in the process, but I
      consider two things:
      -as my in progress layout is a point to point style
      I'll have some switching to perform at both ends; so
      I'll have to decouple motive power at each end, to
      recouple it at the opposite of the trains: So I'll run
      my only passenger train (Marklin equipment) with a PA1
      / E8 lashup (+ my GS4 steamer that I'll turn on a
      turntable). All these previous reasons prevent me
      shifting the MTL knuckle coupler with a Marklin style
      sample.
      -and I think the strange looking Marklin style coupler
      will be odd on these little AZL jewels.

      Dominique