Solid Vs Hollow buildings

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
      Marklin makes some nice solid ones that you can dress up with the
      right paint and a few aftermarket signs. Hollow is nice from a kit
      customize standponit, but is a pain in the butt to light unless you
      paint interior flat black so building walls don't glow.
      I wish Model Power made Z-scale streetlights. I'vebeen using their
      old fashioned N-scale streetlights cuz they are cheap!
    • Tom Gilchrist
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2004
        The larger Z scale stations don't look that bad "glowing"...they look like they
        are being lit from the outside at night. Smaller buildings look terrible glowing.

        I have been using some lights that are 2 for $8 that are N scale cut down to Z
        height. See Ebay below...he sells these in his ebay store.

        Z Scale curved station lights 116 w/shade Item number: 5926813162