Re: RRampMeter and Fast Tracks

  • Robert Ray
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 2, 2004
      zbarr474" wrote:
      > Robert:
      >
      > Did you get the Fast Tracks modified jig photos I sent you this
      > morning directly to your E-mail. I tried a couple of times as the
      > first set got entangled in a YAHOO Loop.
      >
      > ...don

      I received the photo's in my mail this morning. I will post them on
      my page after work tonight so everyone can see the modifications that
      Tim of Fast Tracks had done to solve our Z Scale jigs problem. Thanks
      for sharing Don!

      -Robert
    • Edward Scullin
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 7, 2004
        Can anybody steer me to a good deal on about 200 feet of Micro
        Engineering code 40 rails. I would prefer the pre weathered style.
        Thanks in Advance
        Ed Scullin

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Robert Ray
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 7, 2004
          Hi Ed, I'm still working out the details of laser cut ties, and I got
          the cost down with 1/32" basswood but...

          Try to avoid the pre-weathered track if you can. I bought some, and
          had nothing but trouble soldering it to PC ties. It really looks
          great, but is a hassle to sand away the weathering where you are going
          to solder to pc ties. It requires extra heat, and at about every 3 or
          4 ties, the copper clad lifts off the pc tie from the heat.

          I switched to unweathered rail, and it is so much better to solder. (I
          use a pc tie every inch) I also tried that Blacken-It stuff, and it
          works kind of spotty. Some rail blackens nice and other stretches
          don't weather much at all.

          I am on my third attempt at weathered rail, this time by painting it
          with Floquil Roof Brown (rail brown looks too light to me) then wiping
          the tops of the rail with a paper towel wet with Dio-Sol thiner. Later
          a bright boy to seal the deal. So far this is my favorite method to
          weather rail.

          -Robert

        • ztrack@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 8, 2004
            In a message dated 11/7/04 10:53:28 PM, pray59@... writes:

            > I also tried that Blacken-It stuff, and it
            > works kind of spotty. Some rail blackens nice and other stretches
            > don't weather much at all.

            I use Blacken-It and love it. I use it for all off my catenary wires. I found
            that the wires in my case need cleaned prior to using the Blacken-It. I soak
            the wires in alcohol then dry on a paper towel. I am careful not to touch the
            wires after they have been cleaned since oil will repel the Blacken-It. I then
            soak the wire in the Blacken-It for about a minute. If you go to long, the
            metal will go from black to a rust brown. I have tried brushing on the
            Blacken-it, but the result was not so good. Dipping is the way to go.

            Rob Kluz

            Ztrack Magazine
            6142 Northcliff Blvd
            Dublin, OH 43016
            www.ztrack.com

          • Tor-J.Moskaug
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 13, 2010
              Hi, is there anything that I should bring to you when I visit you all on
              the convention from Norway.
              Take a look at
              http://www.torsja.com/modelltog/Models_by_Torsja/Modells_by_Torsja.asp
              for some off my creations.

              Regard
              www.Torsja.com <http://www.torsja.com/>

            • JohnL
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 13, 2010
                Some of us would be happy if you bring just yourself so we can meet you in person. In addition to your modeling skills, my father was born in Molde, so I am interested in meeting folks from Norge.

                John

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Tor-J.Moskaug" <tjm@...> wrote:

                > Hi, is there anything that I should bring to you when I visit you all on
                > the convention from Norway.
                > Take a look at
                > http://www.torsja.com/modelltog/Models_by_Torsja/Modells_by_Torsja.asp
                > for some off my creations.
                >
                > Regard
                > www.Torsja.com <http://www.torsja.com/>

              • sj_baz_man
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 17, 2010
                  Nice website Torsja. Bring what you want but don't get too carried away. You can always take orders :)

                  Just get here and have fun !

                  Jeff
                  SF Bay Area Z