A little nudge, Aspen track, Micro-Scale, Marklin or Peco track.

  • epressey2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Well the drawing pen is almost through with the "ULTIMATE" layout.
      Twenty five years ago there would have not been a question here, but
      I'm at the point of buying more track then a test oval. I've been
      looking really hard at the Apsen track, beautiful, just beautiful.
      The code 40 pieces that I purchased passes the "will Marklin run on it
      test", and its some of the neatest track I've seen. But there appears
      not to be any Apsen flex track, and a section of straight track 8"
      long cost nearly $5.50. I'm positive I'm going to use the Apen
      switches, but its the flex track question thats puzzling me. I also
      realize that there is a rail code difference between the code 40 I've
      been looking at, and the code 55 Peco and Marklin track. Since I'm
      modelling European I realy think its between the Marklin and Peco flex
      track. Please, comments.

      I ruled out the Marklin switches because of the plastic frogs and the
      inlayed power strip in the switches.

      ED
    • Nigel Clark
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
        My experience of Peco flex track is there is a definite profile
        difference which makes it difficult to connect easily to Marklin
        track (you have to exercise some effort to get it to open up the
        track connectors). This was a few years ago, so it may now be
        different.