Marklin Catenary - power feeds question

  • doowopuk2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
      I am slowly building a small Z layout and am starting the electrics.
      I have been soldering track feeds every 50cms or so which seems
      adequate, apart from ruining my eyesight! Later on I'll start
      catenary but does anyone know the 'recommended' ratio of power
      feeder masts? They aren't exactly cheap so the fewer the better!

      thanks,

      Al
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
        Al,

        I add feeder masts about every 3' to 4' feet. I find this more than adequate.
        I love operating under the wire. The electric locos look so great with the
        pantographs going up and down as they move around the track.

        Rob Kluz

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com

      • doowopuk2002
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
          Thanks Rob, I'll go with your suggestion. I've never used catenary
          before, just need to save up !

          best regards,

          Al